- Manage SQL Server databases, configure and maintain database servers and processes to ensure site stability.
- Monitor system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, security, and compliance
- Analyze, investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in real-time, communicate critical issues, and coordinate incident recovery
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Collaborate with development teams to assist in query tuning and schema refinement
- Review SQL code reviews submitted by developers from performance, scalability & security perspectives
- Work with our reporting and analytics teams to maintain existing reporting infrastructure
- Off-hours support is required as needed.
- 5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role
- 5 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization
- 5 years of experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server on AWS
- Expert in T-SQL DDL/DML with proficiency in scripting and SSIS
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL database management on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform, using EC2, RDS & DynamoDB, with additional knowledge of PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Understanding of Change Data Capture
- Knowledge of Windows server, including Active Directory
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server isolation levels, transaction processing, batch processing, lock escalation, error handling fundamentals
- Open to working with new and emerging technologies, taking a database-agnostic approach.
- Adept critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with writing infrastructure as code
- Experience with Windows PowerShell or Python
- Exposure to working inside an Agile development organization