At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a highly-skilled GO Developer, then get ready to join our company.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
Worldline’s Merchant Services Global Business Line is a major international player in end-to-end Commercial Acquiring, Multichannel Payment Acceptance and Payment Terminal solutions. Merchant Services’ unique combination of payment, digital and transactional expertise allows merchants to boost sales and enhance the customer experience.
We cover the full retail value chain, online and in-store, through a complete approach, delivering a real digital journey for retailers and their customers and facilitating consumer engagement, via seamless services, on any device – with payment at the heart of the shopping experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include
As our new Go Developer, you will be part of one of the squads in the FinOps tribe. The squad consists of a selection of highly skilled individuals such as yourself, including back-office developers, test automation engineers, technical application engineers and a product owner. Your squad will be working on a transformation program aiming to change the technology stack of the current Back Office towards a new and modern technology and architecture: Based on an evolutionary architecture, that processes payments near-realtime via API’s and events. You and your squad will be responsible for the full development lifecycle and you will be working in an agile environment, using Scrum. You are expected to exercise an agile mind-set, with a focus on continuous improvement and short feedback loops.
You will be building and deploying the applications using build and deployment pipelines, so you are expected to have experience with Jenkins. Your excellent communication skills and team and result oriented attitude will be needed for the frequent calls with teams located in other Worldline offices, and for collaborating with different partners: at Worldline we all collaborate to deliver the best solutions to our customers. This means everyone from engineering, product, business and operations work closely together every day.
Skills we can’t do without:
• Bachelor’s in computer science, IT Engineering or Information Systems;
• At least 5 years of working experience in complex environments in a similar position, with an excellent track record.
• At least 3 years building services and systems in Golang.
• At least the same amount of experience developing in another statically typed language
• Thorough knowledge of Containerized services using GoLang, Docker, GitLab
• Thorough knowledge of Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Good understanding of Distributed storage (Hadoop, MAP-R, Cassandra)
• Good understanding of in memory datastorage (Redis, Memcached)
• Good understanding of Databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB)
• Good understanding of Messagequeues (KAFKA, RabbitMQ, Redis)
• Good understanding of Automated VM configuration (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Vagrant)
• Good understanding of streaming technologies (Spark)
• Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming);
• Experience with GIT, CICD tools, Jira and Confluence;
• Experience with unit testing and automated testing.
• Unix (RedHat 7) and Shell scripting knowledge is a must;
• Experience with other continuous integration tools (such as Bamboo or Jenkins) is an advantage;
• Experience working in a DevOps environment is considered an advantage;
• Experience in the financial industry and/or e-commerce business is an advantage;
• Availability 40 hours per week
• English - excellent verbal and written communication skills (working language)
Skills we’d like:
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
• Good team player and communicator with a flexible, customer-driven attitude.
• Agile / Lean attitude and mentality.
• Believe in daily improvement, easily adapt to change and have fun while doing it.
• Work well independently and within a team.
• Ambition to grow through experience, curiosity to understand new technologies.
• Ability to work cross-culturally and across regions.
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 29.5 days’ annual leave, an attractive pension scheme plus many more.
What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.