*US work authorization required.
Software Engineer, iOS
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrable projects and results from 5+ years of developing native iOS applications
- Significant Swift and Objective-C experience
- Proficiency with XCode, including Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with CoreData, SQLite and other offline persistence technologies
- A strong understanding of iOS concurrency techniques (Dispatch Queues, Operation Queues, etc)
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Self-motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Curiosity, humility, and open-mindedness
- Passion about mobile technologies and AllTrails’ mission to connect people to the outdoors
- Mapping/GIS experience
- Experience developing for Apple Watch
- Experience with ARKit
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and processes
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being: health, dental and vision benefits + monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible parental leave.
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.