As Senior Systems Site Reliability Engineer (Kubernetes), you will olve exciting technical challenges by analysing, troubleshooting, and designing vital services, platforms, and infrastructure while always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance. You will be accountable for ensuring that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with a focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
Reporting to the Manager, Systems Operations, SITA FOR AIRCRAFT, you will be a part of the team responsible for helping to support 24x7 uptime and availability of production mission critical customer facing cloud services distributed across multiple regions. You'll help to create more consistent, automated push button environments across all tiers, proactively test and tune all aspects of the infrastructure, streamline CI/CD processes, monitor and respond to system notifications and alerts and continually work to optimize and improve the performance, security and reliability of our systems.
The world is changing. Are you ready to define with future of travel with us?
What you will do
• Help build a Site Reliability Engineering culture across the organization by sharing your best practices, approaches, documentation, and code with other engineering teams.
• Apply automation and software to any tasks or parts of the system that would benefit from it or are performed manually.
• Able to troubleshoot complicated, cross platform issues handling OS, Networking, Database in a cloud-based SaaS environment and handle live production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues, follow and implement SRE best practices.
• Monitor application performance take steps to improve overall application performance and stability and follow through with implementation.
• Conduct system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
• Design, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase observability, product reliability and organizational efficiency.
• Work closely with software engineers and testers to ensure the system is responding properly to no-functional requirements such as performance, security, and availability.
• Document your system knowledge as you acquire it over time, create runbooks, and ensure critical system information is readily available to those who need it.
• Maintain and monitoring deployment, orchestration, of the servers, docker containers, databases, and general backend infrastructure
• Keep up-to date with security and proactively identify, diagnose, and solve complex security issues
Who you are
• You have 9+ years IT Operations experience in large scale, mission critical enterprise heterogeneous infrastructure leveraging DevOps, SRE & Agile methodologies with B. Tech./B.E. degree in Electronics & Telecomm or Computer Science
• You can demonstrate understanding of ITIL methodologies, ITIL v3 or v4 certification
• You have 5+ years of experience in writing automation scripts, building application dashboards for proactive monitoring using Ruby, PowerShell, Python scripting or similar technologies, ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• You have 5+ years of experience of supporting / managing hypervisor-based products/infrastructure (VMware, KVM, etc.)
• You have experience operating applications and databases with demanding scalability or availability requirements
• You possess database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, such as MySQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL
• You have strong experience with CI/CD in cloud environments and container technology, Docker and Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
• You possess experience as a Linux systems administrator (e.g. CentOS, RedHat) and command line system administration such as Bash, VIM, SSH.
• You have experience in monitoring and analyzing infrastructure performance using standard performance monitoring tools - Perfmon, PerfView, ProcDump, DebugDiag, Nagios, New Relic
• You can demonstrate extended expertise in infrastructure core components: storage, system and/or networking
• You have strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, including familiarity with concepts such as OSI stack.
• You have strong understanding of Internet protocols and applications such as SMTP, DNS, HTTP, SSH, SNMP etc.
• You can demonstrate hands on experience in configuration management of server farms (using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc).
What we offer
SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too. Our values underpin everything we do at SITA.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonus, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world class learning.
Keywords: SRE, Kubernetes, Linux, Docker, DevOps, Cloud, database