At Clay Solutions, we’re building the future of access control. Our developers work on challenging projects to innovate our platform and benefit our customers and partners. As part of our dynamic team, you will contribute to a large-scale, complex product and see real-time impact of your work on hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
Ready to grow your career and make an impact from day one? Join us and let’s win the battle against mechanical keys!
Our core mission is to grant easy access for businesses anywhere around the world, in a logical and user-friendly way. As a platform company, we build world-class APIs and facilitate industry leaders to integrate cloud-based access control into their businesses. Security, stability, and scalability are our driving principles.
What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer focusing on redundancy and scalability. Working within the Clay Solutions software development team, you’ll be implementing infrastructure as code, moving Clay Solutions’ architecture towards a microservices based architecture hosted in a containerised way. You’ll get to work in a scrum team that consists of best-in-class developers, enabling the team to work in a highly productive manner. You will elevate Clay Solutions’ cloud infrastructure (Azure) and enable the development team to continuously deploy new features by using automation tools.
We develop all components in-house with a multidisciplinary team. As a DevOps engineer, you will provide support to the development team with state of the art tools to get releases to production in an Agile, efficient and timely fashion. You will be using latest versions of industry wide used tools like Ansible, Terraform, and Docker.
Technical skills and expertise
- Experience with and understanding of public cloud, preferably with Azure
- Experience with containers (Docker)
- Knowledge of Terraform, Ansible, and Packer
- Experience with Kubernetes and in setting-up Kubernetes clusters
- Self-steering and analytical attitude and a natural interest for new technologies
- Strong knowledge in the area of Continuous Integration/Delivery with tools such as Ansible, Gitlab, and Gitlab-CI
- Understanding of dotnet build cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies & tools (Scrum, Kanban, Jira)
- Eagerness to find the root cause of an issue, and you show assertiveness in tackling it
- Openness to share and receive constructive feedback, as well as to engage in technical conversation with the team on how to make things better
Working at Clay means becoming a ‘Brick’, and that means joining an international team of passionate professionals (we’re proud to say we have over 20 nationalities in our small team) who take initiative, own responsibility and share expertise.
At Clay Solutsions, we live by our core values
- Innovation is in our veins; we strive for the best, we aim high.
- We communicate openly, transparently, and thoughtfully.
- Each of us takes ownership and responsibility for our work.
- We lead with kindness and by example; we bring out the best in each other.
- When in doubt we act with courage, take intelligent risks, and make wise decisions.
- With endless curiosity, we keep learning and improving, while knowing to seek assistance for rapid advancement.
- We’re stronger together. As a team, we’re passionate, collaborative, playful, and proud.
- To achieve the greatest we keep it simple, take small steps, and always work smart.
We expect everyone in our team to bring
- Team spirit; enjoying working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- A keen eye for detail; working in a fast-paced environment, managing and prioritizing goals
- A high bar for excellence and pride in work
- Eagerness to learn and investigate possibilities and applying insights from past experience
- Self-discipline, professional attitude, and collaborative spirit
- Individuality and willingness to share ideas and new perspectives
Wondering what it’s like to work at Clay Solutions?
Clay is a tight-knit team of technology lovers and innovative thinkers. Our team consists of over 20 nationalities (and growing), from a wide variety of backgrounds, working on some of the most challenging problems in the access control industry.
To read some of the benefits Clay Solutions offers check out our Careers page. But to give you some more insight into life at Clay here it goes; it’s great to have the ability to make an impact from day one, share ideas, and shape the road map together. We work from our awesome office in the heart of Amsterdam, collaborate closely with Salto Systems in Spain, and serve our customers globally.
At Clay, we are encouraged to build ourselves along with our fast-growing company. This can be in the form of training, coaching, conferences, and more. We grow together! We know the best is yet to come. We support each other’s curiosity; we have tech talks, hackathons, and open-invite dinners to talk about our company’s road map. Everyone on this team has a voice and we’re encouraged to not only participate and speak up but also to lead and drive.
Beware; we work hard, play hard. Don’t underestimate either of those! We are honest, love a good joke, and don’t take things personally. And as a tight-knit team, together we form the solid house that is Clay Solutions.