At Zivver, we're building the future of secure communications. Our platform helps hundreds of thousands of users securely communicate sensitive information, and we're rapidly scaling up. Our guiding philosophy is that secure communication requires excellent usability. As a front-end software engineer, that's where you'll be making your most significant impact.
Our platform is a SaaS application that is served to our users as an Angular web application, Chrome extension and several other frontends. Your job is to develop new applications and features using Angular/Typescript. You'll be working closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to build new features and migrate our existing AngularJS web application to our Angular-based mono repo.
As we are scaling up fast, you'll have the unique opportunity to impact our product and processes. You’ll be working in a dynamic, international scrum team with a remote-first approach, but we’re keeping HQ open for people that like to work from the office. With our scale up mentality, your development skills will be aimed at our code, processes and also at your colleagues.
A day at Zivver
It's Wednesday morning and it's time to get to work. You decide when you start and end the day, as long as you attend any required meetings and keep your team up-to-date on what you're doing. With COVID-restrictions in place, almost everyone works from home.
Today, you're finishing up a story that allows you to show a notification when a message has been sent successfully in our new Angular web app. You're just completing the unit tests, and will create a merge request soon. You'll need to ping a few developers for review.
At 9:45 an automated slack message asks you to give a quick daily update what you're working on today, you have until noon to give that update and you leave two lines on the story you're finishing up and what you're picking up next. You spend some time reviewing other people's merge requests, and leave some supportive comments and a few improvement suggestions.
After lunch, you have a weekly refinement meeting. You've added some technical details to a few stories the team is planning to pick up soon. The team needs a little more detail on a couple of edge cases that were missed, but you all decide that you have enough information to estimate the story and pick it up next sprint.
Having finished the refinement, you decide to pick up one of the open tasks in the current sprint, which is focused on getting a key mail flow live in the new web app. You get most of the afternoon to focus with no interruptions, but there's one final meeting left: a quick design review on upcoming features. The designs look amazing, but you have some feedback on technical feasibility and effort. You all agree to scope down the first version a little, and add more of the detail later.
- Write tests now, instead of fixing bugs later
- You’re into the latest technology but understand the need for mature frameworks
- You will be part of a strong team with a focus on building something exciting and not just “bug fixing and tweaking”
- Write, review and maintain web application code, primarily in Angular
- Work in a team of front-end developers on our web application
- Work closely with designers to develop and maintain our design system
- Participate in the whole lifecycle of features, from design to implementation and maintenance
- Contribute to our CI/CD setup
- Take part in and contribute to team activities, rituals and process improvements
- You own your work!
- You're comfortable communicating in English both verbally and written.
- You have a strong appreciation for the user and keep their needs front and center
- You’re a team player that understands the challenges of working remotely. You value clear documentation and communication that support this way of working.
- You see software development as a collaborative effort. You're happy to help others and not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- An exciting, fast-growing, energetic environment
- Flexible working hours and location (we fully support working-from-home or remotely)
- A pension plan
- Great office and awesome people with different nationalities
- At least €1.000,- per year on personal development budget
Skills / Experience
- Strong background in Angular 2+
- Formal education, and even cooler, a degree in a Computer Science / Software Engineering field
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services' IaaS services portfolio
- Experience with AngularJS
Personality / Attitude
- You speak up from a position of knowledge
- You like to help your colleagues develop to the next level
- Speed and quality are what you’re about. You know your craft and you #get-it-done
- Organized and structured is your approach to life and code
- Straight forward, direct, but respectful with a big smile
If you’re still reading and excited about this role, we welcome your application even if you think you don’t meet all the requirements. We understand that no candidate is perfect, and would love to hear your story.