About the Team
VIZIO’s Platform Cloud Services team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their growing team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to design scalable cloud infrastructure, build software services, and lead an engineering team that support customers using Vizio SmartCast TV and Sound Bar technology. Your work will have a direct and measurable impact on our high-scale infrastructure and performant services, running on the latest cloud technologies. The Software Engineering role reports to the Platform Cloud Services Software Engineering Manager and Director, supporting the VIZIO Platform Engineering organization.
What You Will Do
- Directly impact the VIZIO SmartCast experience for our customers by incorporating customer feedback in the new features you develop.
- Deliver features that are flexible, cost-effective, maintainable and long-lasting, at-scale.
- Improve infrastructure and processes to enable long-term scalable growth.
- Manage the end-to-end unit, integration and automated testing and monitoring of the features you implemented.
- Lead by example in system design, engineering and operations.
- Mentor other engineers on the team via individual feedback and reviews of system designs and code.
- Collaborate with the Cloud devops team to establish best practices for sustainably operating high-scale distributed systems
- Optimize AWS resource usage (Cognito, IAM, ElasticBeanstalk, fargate, Cloud Formation, SQS, SNS, ECR, EC2, ECS, lambda, Parameter Store, Secrets, RDS, Redis, S3, DynamoDB, IoT core, API Gateway, CloudFront and Route 53
- Manage system to handle millions of events/devices in AWS
- You have a BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You have experience with object-oriented design of algorithms.
- You are highly skilled in at least one modern programming language. (Ex. Node.js, Kotlin, Swift, Python, C++ or Java)
- You have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, test-driven development, continuous deployments, and agile methodologies.
- You have outstanding communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- You have exposure to operating large-scale distributed systems, including security, defining and monitoring service metrics, infrastructure management and scaling, and devops best practices.
- You’re the one who makes user experience brilliant, and you have a passion for developing innovative solutions
- You’re the person your team trusts with their secrets. You know how to be tactful and supportive
- Collaboration is fun and easy for you. You are self-driven, but you enjoy sharing and mentoring your team, and when a decision has been made, you’re happy to support it
- You’re experienced with cross-platform development, and you have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle
- You’re confident in your abilities to command and understand application build pipelines and share those with your team in a way they can understand
- You’re experienced in system design and development, but you are also a powerful leader, which means you stay accountable for your successes and shortcomings