At UpMetrics, we believe in data driven storytelling to activate change makers around the world. We are on a mission to empower impact organizations with intuitive, powerful software and services to collect and visualize data, make informed decisions and tell compelling stories. We are a competitive, passionate and fast growing team of 25 partnering with small and large nonprofits, foundations and impact investors taking on social impact challenges around the world.
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:Team First -- Collaboration is key. We support each other, respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
Client Focused -- Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
Show Integrity -- We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
Reflect and Improve -- We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
Let's Go! -- To create positive change, we never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.Compensation & Benefits$110-130K annual salary based on experience
Equity incentive plan
Health insurance discount for employees and family
Unlimited vacation policy
Training and development budget
Remote work equipment
Outstanding team and meaningful work
Looking for an opportunity to apply your technical skills to help unleash the power of data for the social sector? Join us!
You will be successful in the role if...
- You are eager to apply your experience to new challenges and continue to learn
- You are self-motivated, enjoy autonomy, and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are a team player and good communicator
- You love building highly functional, scalable, data-driven enterprise applications
- You are excited to work in a high-velocity, agile startup environment
- You are able to deliver as a member of a distributed engineering team
- You are serious about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks
- Solve complex problems around data handling and processing
- Work across the entire stack (generalists welcome!)
- Help develop, maintain, and test code following TDD
- Implement and collaborate on new features
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of existing features
- Work closely with our product management team to identify product challenges and requirements for new functionality
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and technical insights to multiply team productivity
- You have 4+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- You have experience with VueJS, Nodejs, GraphQL, MongoDB
- You have some DevOps skills; able to get hands dirty on Linux, AWS, Docker, CI pipelines, etc.
- You have experience with source control (Git) and CI terminology and practices