Work from Home
While we do have offices available for use our workforce spends the majority of their time working from the comfort of their home. Every employee has a daily standup meeting to touch base with their team and a weekly all hands meeting for the whole company to get updates. Additional meetings are created as needed and the majority are impromptu.
We offer competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, paid time off, work from home, a bonus plan, and equity.
Techcyte develops products using computer vision and deep learning to automate microscopy for laboratory testing for healthcare, veterinary services, and environmental testing. We need to analyze the equivalent of a blu-ray movie worth of images in the cloud in only a few minutes while staying reliable and accurate. Major problems include transferring, processing, and storing terabytes of data, creating queuing systems that balance turnaround times with costs, and building a pipeline around machine learning models that meet the accuracy requirements of human healthcare.
Extremely Talented People
We have a wide range of talent spanning a variety of industries and positions. We have built a culture of fast paced and agile development in the face of a healthcare system that has been rigid. We are building massive scale systems to implement bleeding edge research. Come interview with us and you will see top notch engineering talent that can compete with any organization on the planet.
Improve the World
Our mission is to improve healthcare and laboratory testing throughout the world. We improve the work environment for our users, improve the accuracy tests, and lower costs and turnaround times for the healthcare system. We push new innovation in technology, workflow, and regulations to make the healthcare system the best it can be. We have already improved accuracy in laboratory testing that have prevented misdiagnoses and we are striving to do more.
We are looking for candidates to work on one of our teams:
- Web development
- Backend development
- Machine learning pipeline
- Edge software (includes integration with other systems and automation of microscopy scanners)
Candidates will be able to specify what teams they would like to work on during the interview process. Candidates for any of these teams should meet the following requirements:
- 4+ years experience with a BS in Computer Science
- Excellent coding skills with ReactJS, Google Go, python, or something similar
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Ability to work on remote linux systems
- Current with modern dev tools and methodologies such as agile development, git, bug trackers, team chats, and co-workers in offsite locations
- Ability to optimize complex systems to improve speed or other costs
- Experience with testing methodologies
- Be authorized to work in the United States
These skills are desired for some positions but are not required:
- Ability to interface with SQL databases
- Willingness to work with docker (previous experience is a plus)
- Experience with linear algebra and/or numpy