Simulmedia is changing the game for video advertising -- linear TV, check; OTT, check; console and PC gaming, check. We integrate the unparalleled reach of TV with the data-driven targeting of digital, empowering both performance and brand marketers to take direct control of their video media buying and drive greater business impact with every ad dollar spent. We do this by giving them the ability to easily plan, buy, and optimize video advertising across multiple media channels through an automated online video buying platform.
We take tremendous pride in maintaining a high bar for employees and fostering a strong team environment. While we work hard every day, we also believe in relaxing together with lots of team activities. We have an unlimited vacation policy, tuition reimbursement, and no employee financial contribution for medical, dental, and vision benefits. We offer competitive salaries, stock options, and an annual bonus based on performance. Did we mention a very cool open-space office environment that fosters teamwork? And last but not least, we provide a free Citibike membership to all employees!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Streaming, who can work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You will work closely with product managers, data scientists, and other engineers to develop the streaming video product offering. As an early member of the streaming platform group, you will have the opportunity to make key contributions to the architecture and other technical decisions.
- Design and develop industry leading software that is part of a sophisticated streaming video advertising platform
- Be hands-on and take a high degree of ownership
- Demonstrate thought leadership within Engineering
- Serve as a trusted advisor to colleagues on technical challenges
- 5+ years of work experience as a software engineer
- Knowledge of modern software stacks and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of distributed systems, microservices and REST
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Strong experience with at least one of the following: Python, Ruby, Node or Go
- Prior experience in programmatic or connected TV advertising