Has your paper napkin business plan turned into a billion-dollar reality? Ours has, and our employees have helped us get to where we are today; and as we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for a Software Development Manager to help write the next chapter with us.
What started as a sketch on a napkin is now our world-class software platform that combines cutting-edge technology with outstanding client service and premier wealth management capabilities. Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is designed to simplify the complexities of equity plan management, while helping employees realize the full potential of their benefits.
We currently have full-time, permanent opportunities for Software Development Managers in Calgary, AB.
Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is looking for a helms-person to help pilot their financial services Death Star through more than $10,000,000,000 of transactions per year.
- Are a leader who believes in leader-leader self-organizing teams and is willing to work on that evolution
- Are a coach who supports broad growth because you know that developers have careers and not just jobs
- Are a pragmatic problem solver who can identify process inefficiencies and find creative ways to eliminate them
- Are excited by the challenge of helping us evolve from a midsize SaaS application to a global enterprise platform
Then we are looking for you!
We are big fans of Turn the Ship Around! by L. David Marquet, and are working to build and reinforce a culture of action and ownership. You will help foster leadership through all levels of the organization. You are not a master developer, but have a strong technical background and familiarity with patterns and practices. You know that agile is a description, not a dogma, and that continuous improvement is achievable.
- Foster a team culture that encourages ownership, continual learning, and customer delight.
- Provide hands-on coaching and mentoring to Software Developers for technical and soft skill growth.
- Work with product owners and clients to contribute to strategic growth of the platform.
- Remove barriers to keep product teams close to the client and product to find value in what we build.
- Champion product ownership and spread leadership throughout the team.
- Ruthlessly identify process weakness and build and use metrics to drive improvement.
- Take a lead role in recruiting and hiring Software Developers.
- Familiarity with the enterprise Java technology stack. While we are not dogmatic about what technologies we use, this is the one we are using right now.
- Help lead the team to balance commercial viability, scalability, security, and technical innovation to evolve the Shareworks platform.
- You are a cultural addition to our team and will bring a unique and diverse perspective.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with development and deployment of enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of management techniques and strategies
- 8+ years’ experience as a developer or engineer
- 5+ years’ experience as a development or engineering team lead (or other technical management)
While we thank all applicants for their interest, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.