Do you want to work with a system that gets half a million logins from over one hundred thousand unique users per month? How about write code for an industry-leading financial services platform that transacts more than ten billion dollars a year? Do you think it would be cool to be a part of the team that expands this platform to transact one trillion dollars for ten million users? Have you ever wanted to be in a Guild? Have you yearned to hear “that sounds great, go ahead and try it out”? Our team can offer all of this and more!
If you're looking for something a little different for your career, you've come to the right place. What started as a sketch on a napkin is now our world-class software platform that combines cutting-edge technology with outstanding client service and premier wealth management capabilities. Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is designed to simplify the complexities of equity plan management while helping employees realize the full potential of their benefits. We reward our people with a fun and dynamic workplace culture and the opportunity to be part of our continued international growth and success.
Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is hiring Intermediate and Senior-level Full-Stack Developers who want to write great code in Calgary, AB and Montreal, QC.
What we believe and value:
- Results matter, not the clock
- Code and technology are what we use to solve problems, not the whole of our job
- Continuously improving, learning everyday through collaboration, lunch and learns, and mentorship
- Our team is passionate about what they do, and take pride in their craft
- We use high-end Linux workstations with big monitors and tools like IDEA, JRebel and the Atlassian suite to keep us in the zone
What you'll get:
- An amazing on-boarding experience on Shareworks, dev culture, how we do things and even "reforming" you from .Net to Java
- Experience developing with technologies such as React, Redux, and GraphQL
- Opportunities to join internal hack-a-thons to solve relevant and complex problems
- Hands-on training sessions with industry-leading professionals
- Market rate salary based on experience
- Competitive RRSP matching plan
- 20 Paid days off + 11 stat holidays + Personal and Family Sick days
- The occasional spontaneous Nerf War
- Relocation Assistance available for the right candidates
What you'll do:
- Be customer focused - learn about the business to help bring value to our customers
- Act technology driven - design, implement, and test new functionality
- Work closely with QA - we find and fix our own bugs
- Work with Product Management to deliver material value to our clients
- Do full stack development from the DB to the UI
- Use your experience to help the whole team get better
- 3+ years of full stack development experience
- A hunger for tracking down root causes - no matter how deep the rabbit hole
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is appreciated but not necessary with the right background
- You are a cultural addition to our team and will bring a unique and diverse perspective
While we thank all applicants for their interest, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.