With hundreds of millions of users, we face the challenge of building a top-class backend infrastructure and applications every day. Our main tools of choice to scale our applications are jRuby, Sinatra, Sidekiq, MySQL, and MongoDB. We are currently looking for Backend Engineers and Senior Backend Engineers, to join some of our cross-functional teams, who are ready to change the world with code!
WHAT TEAMS YOU COULD BE A PART OF:
- Sport Experiences Backend Squad: Developing the backend capabilities required in supporting and serving both the adidas Running and adidas Training apps. Continuously monitoring and evolving our existing backend services ensuring a highly scalable, resilient, and performant eco-system is met.
- Premium Squad: Designing and implementing efficient and scalable backend services and APIs for processing our subscription payments. Connecting APIs of various payment providers to our internal systems, mapping their complex use cases to our own.
- Users & Compliance Backend Squad: Evolving the very core of our backend system, laying a highly scalable and performant foundation for all of our products. Boosting the productivity of our backend engineers and shape how we work by providing core backend capabilities (e.g. service framework).
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT MATCH:
- 3+ years of experience in backend development
- Experience writing robust, maintainable HTTP and REST APIs. Previous experience with Ruby is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Ability to speak JSON (preferably JSON API) and REST to clients
- Very good English skills
- Curious and proactive mindset