Our mission at Mimi is to give everyone the best possible hearing experience and protect your hearing health. We are the world’s leading provider of hearing-based audio personalization and digital hearing test technologies. Our team has developed a biologically-inspired and proprietary audio processing technology that knows how well you hear in order to personalize your listening experience and prevent hearing damage. Mimi’s technology can be integrated into consumer electronics devices, such as headphones, smartphones, TVs, in-flight entertainment systems and a range of systems and platforms.
To help us bring amazing hearing technology to more people around the world, we are looking for a Senior Android Developer (f/m/x) for full-time employment in Berlin.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our Senior Android Developer (f/m/x) you will...
- Maintain and develop our Android SDK to deliver sound personalization technologies to partner products.
- Work closely with your colleagues defining important architectural concepts and API evolution strategies.
- Devise ways to improve our Android development ecosystem and processes.
- Provide partner product integration support.
- Use Kotlin, Coroutines, ConstraintLayout, Retrofit, Glide and the usual mix of Jetpack libraries in our codebase, with MVVM architecture where required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of experience as a native mobile software developer on Android.
- Strong Kotlin skills.
- Deep knowledge and experience with the Android platform and related frameworks.
- Solid and well-reasoned software engineering decision making.
- Collaborative, curious and team-focused mindset.
- Fluent in English.
ADDITIONALLY, IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Prior experience developing and supporting SDKs.
- A BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering or a related study.
- An interest in audio, music, or sound.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A top-caliber, diverse and international team of dedicated domain experts.
- A high degree of flexibility in organizing your work and full responsibility for your own projects.
- Working from home opportunities.
- The opportunity to make an impact on an untapped market and contribute to the development of a truly innovative product and company.
- An entrepreneurial experience in a young, fast-moving startup located in the heart of trendy Berlin-Friedrichshain.
- Yearly education budget and a company culture that nourishes personal growth.
- Modern working equipment plus plenty of audio perks and cool toys to try out.
- Weekly company meals, team-building events and an annual summer trip.
- Flexible holiday policy.
- Monthly Lieferando credit.
Find out more about us on our website: mimi.io
We know that some people have a tendency not to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the requirements. However, if you think that this job is great for you then please, send in your application!
HOW MIMI ORGANIZES WORK DURING THE SARS-COV-2 PANDEMIC
- The latest relevant information, as well as individual advice, is regularly provided to employees.
- Deprioritized physical access to Mimi's office per official recommendations.
- We provide assistance in equipping your home office (desk, chair, screen, internet connection etc).
- We offer flexible working hours, asynchronous communication.
- We prioritize the well-being of all Mimians by fostering remote personal interaction and professional assistance in dealing with challenging personal situations for example by:
- Encouraging shared virtual lunches and coffees to get to know your colleagues.
- Organizing weekly food delivery services for remote workers.
- Offering digital counseling sessions with external coaches.