We are looking for a highly capable and self-motivated web developer to contribute to our web and mobile projects. You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions.
Qualified candidates for this role should possess extensive knowledge of developing and deploying client, server, and data-driven applications utilizing a modern web application framework such as Angular, ReactJS, or Vue.js. An accomplished fullstack web developer will be someone whose expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users.
- Developing and maintaining client-side applications.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of modern front-end technologies such as Angular, React, and Vue.
Node.js Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field.
- At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
- Ionic Framework or Cordova
- Experience with game development
- Experience with a modern game engine such as UE4 or Unity3D
- C# or C++
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position
About METECS -
Founded in 2003, METECS is an engineering and applied technology company. We have a long history of providing high-fidelity simulation, software, robotics and analysis to NASA with contributions to the Space Shuttle, International Space Station, Orion, Lunar Gateway, and Artemis programs. Our customer base also includes clients from many other industries including agriculture, energy, construction, and sports marketing.
We are headquartered in Houston just outside the gates of NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
Perks: Flex hours, casual dress, get to make history.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.