Robotics Software Engineer for development, integration and testing of manipulation and planning algorithms. Products will include custom software for NASA robotics and spacecraft applications with focus on development of humanoid robot manipulation capabilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency developing robotics applications using C++ and Python in a Linux OS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in an agile small-team environment
- Bachelor or advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in Engineering, Computer Science or other robotics-related field
- Graduate level research experience in robotics and/or computer science
- Experience working in a modern software development environment including use of continuous integration, devops, and unit testing
- Proficiency developing applications using ROS
- Experience integrating and testing on physical robotics platforms
- Perception and/or machine vision
- Localization and Mapping
- Path and grasp planning
- User Interface Design experience
- 3D rendering and simulation
- Message-based middleware
- Real-time control systems
- Robotic fault tolerance and operation
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position.
About METECS -
We are a small high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for human space flight space and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of custom, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics controls & analysis software, spacecraft and commercial equipment dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and web-based automation tools. Active and recent projects include algorithm development for NASA's Robonaut and Valkyrie robots, autonomous UAV control, RFID-Enabled Logistics Management for the International Space Station, the NASA Miniature Exercise Device (MED-2), spacecraft wireless Developmental Flight Instrumentation (DFI), the Orion Spacecraft Ascent Abort 2 mission, NASA s Exploration System Simulation (NExSyS), and NASA s Training Systems for the 21st Century initiative.
Perks: Flex hours, casual dress, get to make history.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.