Evotec is a drug discovery alliance and development partnership company focused on rapidly progressing innovative product approaches with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academics, patient advocacy groups and venture capitalists.
We operate worldwide and our more than 3,500 employees provide the highest quality stand-alone and integrated drug discovery and development solutions. We cover all activities from target-to-clinic to meet the industry’s need for innovation and efficiency in drug discovery and development (EVT Execute).
The Company has established a unique position by assembling top-class scientific experts and integrating state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuronal diseases, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology, infectious diseases, respiratory diseases, fibrosis, rare diseases and women’s health. On this basis, Evotec has built a broad and deep pipeline of more than 100 co-owned product opportunities at clinical, pre-clinical and discovery stages (EVT Innovate).
Evotec has established multiple long-term alliances with partners including Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol Myers Squibb, CHDI, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Sanofi, Takeda, UCB and others.
For more than 25 years, Evotec has built an open and collaborative culture that emphasizes teamwork and mutual respect, while at the same time recognising the individual effort and achievements of our employees. We foster an environment that rewards initiative, engagement and the dedication of our people, whilst always working towards a common goal – to provide great value to our clients and business partners through our comprehensive expertise in drug discovery and development. We are committed to making Evotec an inspirational place to work, so whether you work in science or administration, working at Evotec means that you will have a challenging role with significant autonomy and opportunities to gain new skills, knowledge and experience.
Evotec is a science-driven, dynamic company with the feel and excitement of a high-growth enterprise. With over 3,500 employees in Europe and the USA, however, we are still small enough for everyone to play an integral role and to truly have a positive impact on the success of our business. As a result, we have a very loyal and committed workforce and this is something we are very proud of.
Our people are remarkably passionate about what they do and how they work. They come together from around the globe, from diverse educations, backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles, but form a close-knit community with widespread interactions between different departments on all sites. They can multi-task, but have a clear focus on creating innovative solutions; and most importantly they adapt with speed and flexibility to business challenges and opportunities. With this deeply engrained culture of high energy and determination to succeed, we feel Evotec is uniquely positioned for success in the future.
As part of the software development team, you will help to develop and improve our innovative software for omics data analytics. We are creating a game-changer in drug discovery and precision medicine. Join us to make this a reality and shape the future of life science.
Your key responsibilities
- Implement new and improve existing features and automated tests for a large SaaS server/browser application
- Establish the necessary features and infrastructures to allow our software to be used as a secure, high-performance and on-demand scalable cloud computing product
- Work closely with a team of like-minded experts in an agile development process
Master or PhD in computer science, informatics or similar and sound knowledge of the multiple aspects of software development. You are reliable, a strong team player and generally a jolly good person. Fluency in written and spoken business English is necessary. Ideally, you have experience with some of the following:
- Python, Django, NGINX
- C/C++, Java or a similar high-level general purpose programming language
- Network security, server infrastructure and data management
- Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- MS Azure, SQL, Postgres, Redis
- R, bioinformatics and omics technologies
- A full-time and permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional team promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- Offices are in Göttingen, Hamburg, Toulouse, Verona and Abingdon (UK), remote work is possible
- A diverse, international workforce with a working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance