Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
To support our IT & Data Management group we are looking for an
IT Infrastructure Engineer (f/m/d)
- data center infrastructure planning, documentation, racks management, maintaining inventory of IT equipment
- participation in internal facility projects requiring extension of IT infrastructure
- procurement, rack mounting of servers, switches and other IT components, cable management
- ensuring continuity of operation, monitoring, troubleshooting of IT infrastructure and hardware
- planning, documentation and maintenance of facility-wide network infrastructure
- operating system installation, configuration and upgrades
- Bachelor or Master degree in electronics or information technology, or equivalent by experience
- very good understanding of the network infrastructure (cabling, fibers, switches, patch panels)
- familiarity with data center infrastructure (power, cooling, racks) and IT hardware
- experience in working with Linux operating system
- good communication skills in English
- ability to work independently or within a team, as required
For additional information, please contact Krzysztof Wrona (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The working place will be Schenefeld, in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found here.
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Duration: This appointment is permanent.
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your reference letters in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
Deadline: 15 September 2021
European XFEL GmbH
Holzkoppel 4, 22869 Schenefeld, Germany