Do you want to build an innovative product that is in its crucial stage of development? How would you like to work on a product that spreads floral joy to over 100,000 customers across Europe? ? bloomon is a fast-growing online-only flower delivery scaleup. Since 2014, our revolutionary technology has been at the heart of everything we do, powering our business forward. You’d be joining an iconic European flower brand with more than 100k customers across 5 countries and a diversely talented team of 100+ people and growing. What challenges are waiting for our next Python Engineer? Well, we are currently scaling up...“pedal to the metal”! Bad puns aside, this means a 10x increase in volume and added technical complexity. You’ll also be solving a migration puzzle, writing LOTS of brand-new code and building/maintaining some internal tooling that we built and that's used across the business, even on the production lines. We are far from just an e-commerce company and you will be surprised at the amount of tech in flowers.
Your day-to-day at bloomon ?
- You will own and innovate in all areas across our core subscription platform and algorithms: order generation, delivery management, invoicing, forecasting, customer data and analytics. Variety in abundance and the chance to write a lot of new things.
- Support daily operations whilst discovering and capitalising on opportunities that increase reliability, performance, and real-life efficiency. Ship code daily. Small teams. Fast feedback loops.
- With your technical capabilities and your big picture thinking and our flat structure, you’ll be helping us solve issues relating to the diversification and expansion of our business.
- Build things together with your talented colleagues who joined us from places like Google and from across the world. Learn from experts in product design and collaborate with product owners and our broader team of supply chain experts, brand creatives and flower designers to solve real problems for customers and colleagues.
A video impression of life-at-bloomon
- You love the satisfaction that comes with knowing real people are benefiting from something you’ve created.
- You are curious about business processes and interested in solving operational problems through technology.
- You enjoy brainstorming with your smart colleagues to find the best trade-offs between quality, speed, and scope.
- Among your technical colleagues, you are known for “leaving the campsite better than you found it” because you’re diligent about improving the codebase.
- You are excited by the idea of working on a huge variety of projects, including balancing the demands of supporting daily operations, steadily improving the product, and making step-changes to the technical platform.
- You value the shared working habits and processes that make for an effective team: writing good tests, giving and receiving code reviews, writing clear documentation, holding retrospectives, etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 5 years’ experience in software development
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
Part of our tech stack
- Python, Django, Flask, Pytest, Black, SQLAlchemy, Pandas
- PostresSQL, BigQuery
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Airflow, Docker
What we offer
- A high level of responsibility, autonomy, and level of impact from day one
- A competitive package and regular compensation reviews — we reward great work!
- Annual allowance for personal development
- Happiness Days: an extra day off each quarter just for you.
- Gym discount & and mobile allowance
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace and Friday drinks (for when life goes back to normal again).
- VanMoof electric bike at your disposal
- And of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers