Junior Security Engineer/Analyst
Full-time position. Only seeking candidates in Virginia or Maryland within a 2-hour commute radius from Herndon, VA.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is a software development and services company dedicated to providing leading-edge technology solutions to customers whose security and operational requirements demand proactive security solutions. Our headquarters is located outside of Washington D.C. in Herndon, Virginia, and we employ a group of highly talented engineers and developers across the country who devise and maintain our unique software solutions.
Our cloud-driven software product line leverages state-of-the art cloud technologies and strives to invent new software techniques. Berryville Holdings, LLC holds multiple U.S. patents for our software and technology solutions. Join us for a unique opportunity to focus your talents and energy on rewarding, meaningful, and invigorating work with an innovative, industry-leading company.
This position does not require the evaluation of source code and is primarily focused on the management of security objectives, such as monitoring, auditing, and coordinating penetration testing assessments and security plans.
The overarching security objective of this position is the continuous evaluation of our software product line. Specific duties include:
- Coordinating of security reviews/events with 3rd party penetration companies (blackbox and whitebox).
- Tracking and reporting published threats on related software libraries.
- Providing self-driven investments in measures to protect the software (e.g., security tools, applications, policies, or processes).
- Tracking security relevant events and creating reports for senior management.
This position requires the candidate to demonstrate genuine comprehension of security software technologies, concepts, tools, and their relevance. The candidate must be able to intelligently assess and convey security findings, information, news, or events to senior management, engineers, and software developers.
We are only seeking candidates enthusiastic about software security.
- Three weeks of paid time off, plus paid time off for all federal holidays and your birthday.
- An additional week of paid time off is provided for every 3 years of employment.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401K matching.
- Related classwork and certification reimbursement.
- Bi-annual cash bonuses.
- Telecommuting (work from home) option after a waiting period.
- 2+ years of academic or professional experience working in Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Experience coordinating security inspections, tests, and reviews.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Other suitably similar and relevant certifications
- Demonstrable experience with security applications tools (such as Nessus, CIS Benchmarks, Wazuh, OSSEC, or any other relevant products).
- Proven understanding of one or more areas of cybersecurity concepts (such as security solutions, networking, Linux administration, databases, application protection, or any other relevant areas).
- Ability to evaluate and understand software security technologies, concepts, and tools.
- Ability to assess and convey in writing the relevance of security findings, information, news, or events.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English, including the ability to work with technical content.
- Excellent listening skills and a willingness to ask necessary questions to ensure tasks are understood.
- MS Office experience (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
BVH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.