Packaging Corporation of AmericaBurley, Idaho (ID) - Posted on Sat, 12 Sep 2020 04:32:34 GMT Source: Packaging Corporation of America
We are seeking applicants for a Misc. Labor in our Burley, ID facility.
Serving customers in Idaho, PCA Burley takes pride in offering outstanding customer service. We are a full-service supplier of corrugated shipping containers and value-added solutions. Our customers rely on us for package testing, structural design solutions, just-in-time (JIT) deliveries and rush orders.
- Stacking bundles repetitively, setting up machinery, clearing out jam-ups, and keeping track of unit count and order entry into the data-collection system.
- Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work, which includes: tagging loads, clean-up, and removing bad stock.
- Measure pallets and sheet size using a tap measure and perform day-to-day housekeeping.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Stand and perform repetitive movements for most of the work day.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED and be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and cross-train.
- Current verifiable work history/references and an excellent record of attendance with previous employers.
- Ability to move, place, and transport up to 30lbs repetitively.
- Ability to work any of the three assigned shifts as needed, including weekends and short notice overtime.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Previous experience in production and manufacturing environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and other basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
Starting wage $16.68 during training period.
Rate after training period $23.05.
Eligible for insurance 1st day of month after start date.
We have rotating shifts (days, swing and graveyard).