We are dé VakantieDiscounter, the leading online travel agency in The Netherlands. We offer our customers a more accessible and more comfortable way to book their holiday on www.vakantiediscounter.nl. Our technology platform stands at the basis of its success, and we are looking for senior engineers to help us realize our future growth plans and ambition.
What? ?you? ?will? ?be? ?doing
As a Senior Full-Stack developer, you will join one of our cross-functional feature teams. Here you will be working towards bi-weekly sprint goals alongside your teammates; full-stack developers, tester, and product owner.
Software quality is essential to us and also to you. You will participate with pull requests and pair programming sessions to ensure that the code that goes to production fits our architecture and is of high quality. To minimize functional issues, you will add unit tests, end-to-end tests, and additional monitoring and logging in Grafana and Graylog to spot and fix production issues.
As a company and team, we continuously improve ourselves, reduce wasteful activities, and become more effective. You will participate in this effort with feedback and a vision. We are a flat transparent organization, and your opinions matter to us.
You will need to be a strong learner. We use an up-to-date modern technology stack running on Google Computing Cloud, consisting of Apache Spark, Scala with ZIO, and a front-end that we are migrating from ClojureScript to Typescript. To accelerate innovation and creativity, we spend 10% of our time on novel ideas during the exploration days.
Your skills and qualifications
- You are an experienced Full-Stack developer (5+ years).
- You have substantial experience working in an Agile environment.
- You have experience with DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and are passionate about Q.A. automation or TDD.
- You know functional programming and love to learn and share your knowledge.
We consider it a plus if you have experience with:
- React and associated web technologies.
- Kubernetes, Docker, container-based deployments.
- Open Source; because we try to contribute back to the ecosystem.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package.
- A fast-growing and flat organization with the possibility of flexible working hours and benefits in terms of health, pension, and fun initiatives, team buildings, and events.
- The opportunity to develop through courses, conferences, and events.
- 30 paid holidays.
- Discount on your holiday trips.
- Support with relocation (visa, housing, 30% tax ruling) or join remotely.