We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer/ Developer to work in the Monitoring, Observability, and Telemetry product organization. As an Infrastructure developer, you will work on a team building a key part of our telemetry portfolio for our products. You will work on and improve the systems running at scale to ensure the metrics platform can support over 1 billion metrics across all Operating systems and applications , are stored with cost in mind, and can be queried visualized, analyzed and seamlessly integrated with other data streams. The successful candidate will a ccelerate the migration of all the heritage monitoring tool sets from Linux and Windows platform to the strategic Telemetry platform.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go
* Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with Agile and Lean philosophies
* Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Working knowledge of Databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
* Understanding of cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Strong technical understanding REST based services
* Scripting Experience - PowerShell or any equivalent scripting language
* Experience building solutions in an agile manner using DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and build/test/release automation tools such as Jules, Jenkins, Jira, Git/BitBucket, etc
* Excellent infrastructure experience on Windows and Linux
* Working knowledge of monitoring and telemetry products (Familiarity/ Working knowledge of Tivoli, SCOM, Netcool, Grafana, Prometheus, Cortex is a plus)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans