Enterprise Architect, Data Centre Consolidation Planning
On behalf of our client, Procom is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect, Data Centre Consolidation Planning.
Client is looking to develop a target state and strategy to consolidate their data centers. It will be important to ensure client’s data centre strategy and roadmap aligns with the Health Sector’s plan and with the Ministry of Health’s overall direction.
The future landscape should also consider where cloud services can supplement or host services and applications as currently it is focused on a single provider as a managed service and ad-hoc for other providers.
Enterprise Architect, Data Centre Consolidation Planning Job Duties:
Phase - Data Centre Current & Future State:
- With input from the client Executive document the vision and strategic objectives to be achieved from the overall engagement.
- Review and document the current state and capabilities of client's data centres such as but not limited to:
- Security capabilities, operations and tools.
- Network zoning, DMZ, firewalls.
- Database, storage , backup and archiving
- Disaster recovery capabilities
- Operations and infrastructure management.
- Virtualization technologies
- Application placement rationalization for consolidation to Royal Columbians new Data Centre (CCH)
- Disaster recovery strategies.
- Overall time based roadmap to reach future vision.
- Future state architecture for enablement of CCH to support any FH application
- Disaster recovery future state design & capabilities.
Phase - Governance & Operations Strategies and assessment:
- Governance, processes, staffing, skills recommendations to oversee new operations.
- Operating Models for data centre and hosted infrastructure across all sites.
- Policies and standards recommendations governing migration, application placement.
- Employee and skills gaps with recommendations for organizational needs to meet future state.
- Financial impact assessment and return of investment for data centre consolidation and application migration
Phase – Application Rationalization:
- Application migration plan based on CCH capabilities enablement, growth, readiness etc.
- Foundational infrastructure needs at CCH to provide space for initial moves.
- Strategy for app moves such as new infrastructure, moving vacated servers etc.
- Application impact considerations. What work would be required by client application teams to move? E.g. Impacts of IP, firewalls, routing etc.
- Proof of concept plan if POC included in roadmap.
- Required software tools supporting application migration.
Enterprise Architect, Data Centre Consolidation Planning Job Requirements:
- The consultant must have expertise in enterprise level Data Centre operations, technology, best practices & disaster recovery.
- It is preferred that the consultant have experience working for healthcare organizations.
- It is an asset for the consultant to have experience working for BC healthcare organizations.
- Supporting knowledge of security would be an asset.
- Security or other designations would be an asset
Enterprise Architect, Data Centre Consolidation Planning Assignment Length:
October 15 2021 with possible extensions
Enterprise Architect, Data Centre Consolidation Planning Start Date:
June 14 2021
Enterprise Architect, Data Centre Consolidation Planning Assignment Location:
100% remote, PST working hoursJob Requirements