Who we are
Valeyo is a leading Canadian-based solutions provider to the financial services industry. In addition to being a leader in loan origination technology, we are a trusted distributor for industry-leading carriers and service providers across Canada, whose products strengthen our proprietary technologies and expand our suite of lending and insurance solutions. With more than 40 years of business excellence behind us, Valeyo unites a diverse group of insurance, technology, business, and marketing professionals with a common purpose: to help our clients thrive through strong partnerships. Through the combination of our services-driven vision and distribution expertise, we can push further and faster to provide our clients with a broader range of financial solutions for their customers.
As an organization, we subscribe to the concept of winning as a team, working together, and implementing the best ideas put forward. Guided by our core values of accountability, partner-centricity, teamwork & collaboration, results-orientation, integrity, and passion, we take a unified approach to achieving our shared purpose: accelerating our success and that of our clients by building better businesses.
Who we need
Reporting to the VP, Sales, we need an enthusiastic and passionate relationship builder to join us as an Enterprise Sales Executive. As part of a team of three working across Canada, this is an opportunity to earn an uncapped commission as you grow and develop our new client business selling our proprietary leading-edge technology. You will take an entrepreneurial approach to pursue and successfully sign new clients in financial services. You will build relationships over a 6-12 month sales cycle, influencing decision-making prospects as you present our proprietary products and solutions through our partners, significantly adding value to their business. You will provide an exceptional value proposition through knowledge based on a deep understanding of how we can propel clients ahead of their competition by increasing their success through our products and services.
Who you are
You are driven to pursue prospects and highly motivated by success. You are open to travelling up to 30% of the time when it is safe to do so. You are a true entrepreneur, eager to manage your own budget, time, and approach.
You may be coming from a FinTech with experience selling into financial services, and you are looking for an opportunity at a bigger organization that continues to be innovative.
You may be coming from a provider or a regulatory/central body in the insurance or loan sector. You want to step up to the challenge of a faster-paced organization, selling a variety of solutions.
Or, you may be selling traditional software, and you are ready to take the next step in your career moving into enterprise solution sales.
No matter where you have built your sales experience, you are excited to join a rapidly scaling company where you will take a team approach to winning while maintaining a healthy competitive edge.
What's in it for you
Autonomy. This is a chance to take ownership of your success and that of our clients. It's #thevaleyoway. You will have the freedom to make things happen, driving enterprise sales from end to end. From proposals and presentations to developing and implementing plans, you will step up to the challenge of defining your own process and closing deals. Where other enterprise sales organizations have a rigid process, at Valeyo, you will have the chance to carve your own path for hunting deals and managing your book of business.
Collective impact. This is an opportunity to be involved in the growth of our market share on a deeper level as you grow our reach, selling a variety of both proven solutions and new ones including our new cutting-edge unified platform for omnichannel loan origination, rolling out this year. You will facilitate innovation in the marketplace through competitor research, trend-spotting, and diving deep to understand the problems our prospects are trying to solve. You will play a role in ensuring we are proactive in driving results, targeting the right partners for our client solutions, and always ahead of our competition. You will be supported by the in-depth knowledge of our insurance and technology subject matter experts, the collateral and enablement tools created by sales operations, and the campaigns of our marketing team.
Success. You will thrive and grow in our team-focused environment. This is an opportunity to be part of the best of all worlds:
- An innovative solutions company with proprietary technology.
- A 40-year old organization with a proven brand, a significant market share, and client recognition in the insurance and loan industry.
- The financial security of our parent company.
- The accelerated growth trajectory of a company that can change financial and insurance services across the country.
What you bring:
- The industry knowledge and sales expertise. You are a proven top sales performer with an ambitious 'go-getter' attitude and exceptional client service skills. You have a deep understanding of the Banking, Credit Union, or alternative financial services industries. You bring insights into enterprise technology sales, an understanding of longer sales cycles for greater gain, and the ability to plan out and adapt your process.
- The interpersonal skills. You can build and nurture trusting relationships with internal teams and clients. You have outstanding presentation skills and can speak confidently on our three-pronged value proposition and create practical, customized solutions to secure new business.
- The technical toolbox. You are proficient in MS Office and an automated sales management system such as Salesforce.
- The drive. You thrive in a high-performance, results-oriented culture. You can adapt quickly to change, and you are enthusiastic about working in a team environment.
The Valeyo Way:
Through collaboration and innovation, everything we do at Valeyo is focused on people - those we help and those we hire.
It’s #thevaleyoway to empower our people with autonomy to make decisions that align with our values, to treat each other with compassion focusing on what we can accomplish as a team; and to recognize our individual and collective efforts.
We share a passion and drive for success and are a proudly diverse team. Embracing our differences enhances everything we are involved in from our social awareness as an organization, to our creative problem solving, to the communities we support.
We offer our team the best of both worlds: a fast-paced, innovative FinTech environment and an established organization. This includes:
- A healthy, fulfilling work-life balance through a flexible hybrid work model, a Health and Personal Spending Account, plus the comprehensive benefits and perks of a financially stable organization including Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a generous paid-time-off policy including vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day and statutory holidays.
- A continuously evolving people-first environment that takes time to have some fun (virtual team building events including scavenger hunts, charity drives, FitBit challenges, photo challenges, virtual social events, including team lunches, and once we’re able to safely do so, awesome potlucks, costume competitions, and karaoke battles) while providing access to professional development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs.
- A bigger than us outlook. Every year we offer $1000 grants to students who are credit union members. It's just one of the ways we support financial opportunity and growth beyond our virtual walls and in the community.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Valeyo is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Valeyo will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact [Link available when viewing the job] for accommodation requests.Job Requirements