The LEGO Group is looking for an experienced and creative java back-end developer who will join our small engineering team to help deliver platform, tools and experiences that will benefit full range of LEGO fans
With over 1 million members from all over the world, BrickLink is the leading marketplace for genuine and preloved LEGO products.
We are part of the LEGO Group and our vision is to encourage more people to enjoy creative LEGO building beyond childhood. BrickLink is also leading digital innovation of the LEGO building experience with Studio software.
The team here at BrickLink is a small, diverse, and dedicated group of people. When we need a quick break, you can find us having a meal or coffee together in the kitchen. Or you can find us building the latest LEGO sets on “build sessions” where we regroup and enjoy downtime. Whatever the activity may be, we always strive to elevate team spirit and remain connected by learning from the BrickLink community and each other.
Bring value to yourself and the organization by putting your superpowers to work!
- Engineer products to the highest standards of security and data privacy by implementing and following LEGO Group security and data privacy principles from ideation to production release and beyond.
- Design and build end-to-end applications through close collaboration with other product team members, that follow high standards such as modern design patterns, architectural principles and documentation.
- Ensure product scalability, robustness and reliability.
- Improve operational efficiency by developing automation tools for daily tasks.
- Strong collaboration skills and a true team player
- Suggest and define future stories to support the Product Owner by challenging ideas/opinions
We are looking for new talent to join the team. Are you up for the challenge?
• 5+ years experience with Java 8+ in web development
• 5+ years professional web back-end development experience.
• Good understanding on database system (RDBMS and NoSQL)
• Good at writing TSQL script
• Good at building software algorithms and utilizing various types of data structures.
• Strong communication skills and ability to translate developer jargon for non developers
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
• Experience with microservices
• Experience with common software design patterns
• Experience with DDD (Domain-Driven Design)
• Good understanding on modern eCommerce