12 Month Contract
ALM Treasury Back Office Settlement – Analyst
- Process all the corporate term deposits, interbank loans and Complex Deposits (CPD) initiated by Treasury within the US branches and Canada.
- Match the confirmations
- Process all settlements of securities for the US and Canada through the respective custodians BONY (Client), Euroclear and CDS (Clearing and Depository Services system) and follow their events (coupon, redemption...)
- Handle the pledge of securities to Client, the States and the Bank of Canada.
- Process the issuance of Medium Term Notes (MTN) and their events (coupon, buy back...)
- Process Interest Rate Swap (IRS) and follow their events (interest payments, unwind...)
- Process Stock, Warrant & Equity activity, including following events like Capital Calls & Dividends for Equities.
- Handle the issuance (input, validate) Commercial paper related to Orbian, Starbird, Matchpoint, programs and monitor settlements throughout the day.
- Follow the daily movements related to the CDCC activity (clearing of futures and options on futures) in order to pass accounting entries, generate payments and prepare a daily reconciliation
- Input SWIFT payments either to transfer funds to/from our custodians or if it is resulting from any event on the above products.
- Maintain key performance indicator report.
- Trouble shoot & Investigate Daily Cash Break reports.
- Pass manual adjustments through the general ledger (GL).
- Perform the various controls in place and confirm in ORUS.
- Ensure all questions from Front Office and Clients are answered timely
- Ensure that the procedures are up dated when there are changes in the existing process or create new ones when there are new processes.
- Provide backup coverage to other functions within unit when the team is short staff due to a holiday or sick leaves and when there are cross training between team members.
- Ensure all answers are provided timely to the appropriate team upon a cash break
- Ensure all requests from Audit are answered timely and provided with sufficient support
Qualifications & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration on Finance (or equivalent)
- 2/5 years of experience in operations
- In depth understanding of accounting events for Money Markets, Securities and Derivatives Products
- French / English spoken and written perfectly
- Problem solver
- Ability to multi task and work in a high pressure environment
- Well versed in Excel
- Swift Alliance Knowledge
- Excellent phone skills to communicate with both Front Office, Middle Office and Clients
This job requires a strong commitment (issues cannot be left unresolved). Team of 6 ensures coverage from 8.30 am to 7:30 pm (rotation basis in place).
DERIVATIVE,TREASURY,SWIFT,SWAPS,MONEY MARKETS,EQUITIES,INTREST RATES,FIXED INCOME