Please read before applying.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are currently facing difficulties applying for working visas and traveling into Japan is restricted.
Under these circumstances, please understand that for candidates who receive an offer and are living outside of Japan or do not own a permit to work in Japan,
there may be delays with entry into Japan and your subsequent commencement date.
Please apply only if you agree to the above condition.
*Please apply to only one position at a time.
LINE is a diverse company with some of the best engineers from around the world, approximately 30% of our developers come from outside of Japan. We are looking for experienced engineers with an interest in customer focused development who wish to make an impact on our tens of millions of daily users!
We will assign the project to you after inquiring about your experience as an engineer and future career preferences.
?Backend Services Development?
You will be operating and performing API/web application development work for server-side features of LINE’s services.
?Specific Responsibilities Include?
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve server-side software
- Contribute to architectural designs which can improve the efficiency and flexibility of our services
- Mentor and train team members on software design and coding standards
- Work closely with other teams on the development of end-user facing web applications.
- Support the development of high-quality code through active participation in code and design reviews
Examples of Server Development Work
- Development and operation of services which support the sale and delivery of paid content such as Stickers, Emoji and Themes
- Service development for LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Creators Market”, “LINE Surveys”, “LINE Part Time Jobs”, "LINE Financial" etc.)
- Professional knowledge of at least one programming language ?
- 3+ years of experience in software development, including coding experience for web services
- Basic knowledge in computer science (e.g. algorithm, data structure, asynchronous I/O, database, network)
- Work experience using version control systems (VCS), dependency management systems, and continuous-integration systems (CI)
- Communication ability in Japanese or English
- Motivation to learn Japanese
- Experience in developing applications using Java 8+
- System architecture and design experience
- Experience in using a Linux development environment
- Experience in the coaching, management and/or leadership of a technical team
- Open-source software development experience and/or participation in open source communities is also a plus
- Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic
Discretionary and flexible according to ability and speed of work; if projects are completed on time there is no need to work for extended periods of time.
Minimum salary starting from 6 million Japanese yen per annum (salary based on experience and ability).
*Other details to be discussed during the interview process.