At Cloud Agronomics, our mission is to accelerate the adoption of sustainable agriculture in order to reduce emissions from the agriculture industry, restore global soils, and improve rural livelihoods. Powered by a breakthrough in remote sensing and machine learning, our AI solutions measure the impact that farming practices have on soil carbon and crop nutrients at scale, unlocking the path to net zero agriculture and a sustainable food supply chain. We give customers confidence in emission reductions on global farmland.
We are expanding our team by adding a Senior Data Scientist. The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for researching and developing novel data-driven approaches to improve farm outcomes. They will leverage diverse geospatial data sources to architect deep learning models and pipelines, working closely with other Data Scientists, physical scientists, and product owners.
- Owns model iteration process for our carbon and nutrients products.
- Independently recommends and implements machine learning architecture and predictive algorithms at a high-quality level.
- Performs literature research in machine learning and topics related to our products, and implements learnings into machine learning models.
- Delivers timely, scientifically rigorous results to power our products.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with remote sensing, satellite data, hyperspectral imagery, soil science, agriculture, ecology, etc.
- Data visualization skills suitable for discussing with non data scientists.
- Familiarity with Spark.
- Experience with software development life cycle.
- Background in the natural sciences or mathematics.
- Understanding of data collection best suited to make models generalizable to the real world.
You’ll love working at Cloud Agronomics because:
- We explore. We believe that exploring the world around us helps us find connections between disparate things and spurs innovation. You’ll have generous PTO to travel, rest, and explore the world around you.
- We invest in your life. We want to provide you with resources to meet your needs both in and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage and a kitchen with snacks and coffee to keep your mind sharp throughout the day.
- We want you to grow. We are a team that supports each other’s professional and intellectual growth. You’ll have access to regular opportunities to learn from teammates and invest in your professional development.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. Our team is our most valuable asset. We want everyone who works for us to feel fairly compensated for the impact they bring to our mission. The team member in this role can expect a starting salary in the range of $130,000-$170,000.
- Upon reopening of volunteer opportunities in our local community, we will organize ways to be part of our community.