(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Our Company Simplifying global trade is Forto's mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop-shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 450 technology and logistics experts at the eight locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth. Your Role As a (Senior) Data Engineer at Forto, you build Forto’s data infrastructure that supports global scalability, reliable operations, and a high degree of automation.
- Build and scale our data pipeline on Google Cloud Platform using Python, Matillion, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Cloud Functions and Terraform
- Monitor the data pipeline and make it robust with automated tests and quality control
- Deploy ML models developed by our data science team to production
- Write and maintain transformation jobs in BigQuery and Matillion
- Understand and apply data warehousing best practices
What you bring
- Engineering Star: You show that you can master the latest technologies and that you are versatile with modern languages, tools, and workflows. You have at least three years of industry experience in data engineering
- Fast Learner: You learn quickly and strive to improve every day; you can adapt to a fast-growing organization with constantly changing requirements
- Passion Driver: You want to work on real world problems that create an impact in our world; you work hard to build a great product and take ownership for delivering high-quality code
- Personal & Professional Development: Through a strong ownership from the first day on you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps of being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and not only straight CV's.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made fast and knowledge sharing as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Culture Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w. At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. APPLY FOR THIS JOB