Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As a Product Manager at MUFG, you will be responsible for liaising between the business and implementation teams to guide products from conception to launch, breaking down complex problems into steps that drive development. Product Managers work with all business groups on a myriad of projects and enhancement requests. They should have experience with business, technology, data, and analytics as well as demonstrated success in building relationships with client-facing business stakeholders and users.
We are looking for an energetic and forward-thinking, seasoned product manager with experience in delivering products with various methodologies; i.e waterfall, agile, lean and hybrid methdologies. You must love to be a mentor, a change agent, while also being hands on setting the vision, roadmap and delivery milestones. You will lead growing squad of passionate developers to showcase what it means to build, iterate and deliver delightful experiences for our clients and/or internal stakeholders. You will define best in class product management practices necessary to succeed and serve as a beacon of expertise across the organization.
As key member of the development team, the product manager represents the voice of the customer, prioritizing effort against the most important goals while weighing sometimes contradictory concerns from an array of customers. You push for process change, challenge the status quo and collaborate across the organization on a wide range of topics. In this highly critical and visible role, you will apply your product management experience to successfully lead large, dynamic, and complex transformation efforts.
- Participate in the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Execute against a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Partner with business, stakeholders, and users to capture objectives and translate into requirements that enhance productivity and improve efficiency
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure the solution meets the business requirements Partner with other
- Product Managers where there are cross-platform dependencies Work closely across teams to solve day-to-day issues, test new features and fixes before released, and ensure appropriate training
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Own the goal - drive product development by achieving what’s necessary to reach the desired outcome, overcoming issues as they arise, while building the future state technology stack
- 6-8 years experience in building software products as a product manager or product owner
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with modern agile product development methodologies and transforming to them
- Mastery of product and road mapping tools such as JIRA or similar agile tools
- Able to transcend from vision to strategy, roadmap definition, into story writing and technical solutioning
- Can clearly and concisely synthesize/communicate complex requirements, and/or organizational problems and propose solutions while working through complicated, matrixed decision paths.
- Have a strong technical understanding to collaborate with Software Engineers on systems integrations, while bringing in your product mindset and customer obsession to validate Engineering decisions. You have heard of frameworks like React, Vue or Angular, know micro services and can articulate technical problems well to non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, Enterprise Architects and Designers
- Thinks big picture and understands the potential risk and impact of decisions we make
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to lead through influence and drive results • Must have exceptional time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Stay on top of tasks and responsibilities; works well with minimal supervision; responds in a timely manner
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to find the correct path given limited guidance
- Experience operating in an Agile environment
- Good understanding of technical concepts and consideration in building complex business intelligence and reporting, systems integration and comfort in working closely with engineers.
- Experience managing the product lifecycle from planning to completion
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.