As a Software Engineer on the Deploy team, you will work with teammates to build and improve our automation release management tool, OpCon Deploy. This role has the responsibility for the desktop application that customers use to import, transform, and deploy their automation workloads to multiple environments. This role builds and delivers the web services that the desktop client calls to import and export objects into their OpCon (automation) environments. In this role, you have end-to-end responsibility for the products that are known as Deploy and the ability to deliver functionality from concept to delivery. A typical week may consist of you extending the product by adding steps for stakeholder approvals, designing everything from the database tables to the desktop GUI to support that functionality.
- Create a rich desktop client user experience using Java.
- Build supporting web services and console applications in Java that interact with different customer automation environments.
- Take ownership of quality. Build automated tests, perform peer reviews, provide feedback to teammates and grow a culture that prioritizes quality.
- Create systems that provide fast feedback and drive engineering excellence, extending CI/DevOps pipelines to meet the needs of the team.
- Collaborate with other teams to build software customers love.
- Love learning emerging technologies. Be ready and able to learn new tools for delivering great products!
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding, testing, and debugging skills.
- Strong Java skills and experience with front-end client development.
- Experience building web-services and SQL with relevant ORMs. Experience working with large object collections, transaction-safety and concurrency a bonus.
- Strong testing skills and experience with automated test frameworks.
- Must have strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience with containerization is highly desirable.
- BS/MS degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience building and supporting enterprise software