As a Senior Platform Engineer in our Systems Engineering Chapter, you will be joining the Infrastructure Platform & Security Services department. You will work on the heart of Zooplus IT responsible for continuous operations and relentless improvement of our 24/7 E-Commerce Infrastructure. Working in a Product Organization means focussing on Primary topics (Technical Products) whilst supporting and collaborating in Cross-functional topics. With an already strong and mature DevOps and Infrastructure as Code approach we focus on further developing and innovating on new parts of our platform as well as enabling and guiding our Technical users and DevOps Teams. You are given the freedom to develop a preference and focus on some Technical Products in your Chapter, while engagement in supporting other Technical Products is welcome and supported.
The Systems Engineering Chapter is currently responsible for two Technical Products: Container Orchestration Platform as well as Log Management and Monitoring Platform.
- You will develop and manage our new Container Orchestration Platform based on Kubernetes
- You maintain our existing productive Container Orchestration Platform based on Apache Mesos
- You improve our central Log Management and Monitoring Platform based on the Elastic Stack (formerly ELK)
- You design and improve additional services for Monitoring & Alerting, Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and Tracing
- You drive automation to help our teams to improve their time-to-market
- You improve our platform availability and stability to ensure the company business can run without disruptions
- You provide solutions by making use of open-source tools or implementing your own
- You support our DevOps teams in using our products and services in the most efficient way
- You engage in rotating (paid) on-call duty for your chapter