At Genesys, we’ve built the best cloud-based Customer Experience (CX) service offerings ever!
Genesys Cloud was built from the ground-up and handles millions of interactions per day. We have hundreds of services and thousands of AWS EC2 instances deployed across global environments, and we push out dozens of product builds per day using a top-notch CI/CD pipeline.
The Genesys Cloud Search platform provides information retrieval to power end-user search, data analysis, automated discovery, and recommendation-based systems. We provide near real-time ingestion and retrieval of data that drives communication, business workflow, and purchase decisions. The millions of events and large datasets that we handle daily results in terabytes of data that we process to answer critical questions.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud Search platform.
- Actively review code and provide peer feedback.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points.
- Partner with various teams to transform requirements into services and tools.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture for all stages of data lifecycle (ingest, streaming, storage, indexing) in support of a variety of search-based applications.
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments in AWS.
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
This may be the perfect job for you if:
- You have a strong engineering background with the ability to design software systems from the ground up
- You have strong experience programming in Java and may have some experience programming in Python
- You ideally have some experience in web-scale data and large-scale distributed systems, with bonus points for it being on cloud infrastructure.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building things that will be heavily used.
- You may have familiarity with big data search technologies (e.g. Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr, CloudSearch, etc.)
- You may have experience building multi-language text processing, scraping, or data pipelines (real-time or batch) on large datasets for the purposes of information retrieval, machine learning, or data analytics.
- You enjoy query and analysis tuning for the benefits of low latent, highly relevant search.
- You have worked on and understand messaging/queueing/stream processing systems.
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation as top concerns.
Technologies we use and practices we hold dear:
- Right tool for the right job over we-always-did-it-this-way
- We pick the language and frameworks best suited for specific problems. This usually translates to Java and Spring for developing services and applications and Python for tooling.
- Packer and Ansible for immutable machine images and automation
- AWS for cloud infrastructure
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code
- Automation for everything: CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing, orchestration, etc.
- DynamoDB, S3, and Elasticsearch, for storage and query
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics