Who we are
CBI Health has been a key innovator in Canadian healthcare through improving community access and better outcomes driven by integrated models of care. As the largest provider of community healthcare services in Canada, with 250+ locations across the country, we are dedicated to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians every day.
We take a team oriented approach and show up for the people who need our help - as people helping people. Outcomes and impacts on lives motivate us. We care, aim higher, make it happen, and do great work together.
Who we need
Vocational Rehabilitation (VOC Rehab) focuses on empowering clients with access to the opportunities; soft skills; and support they need to successfully pursue a return to work (RTW) process, maximizing earnings, supporting claim closure, and maximizing employability.
Reporting to the Vocational Rehabilitation Service Lead, we have a newly created opportunity to join our National Vocational Rehabilitation program as a Job Search Facilitator in Whitby/ Durham Region. This is a meaningful opportunity to work with clients on a recovery and rehabilitation path who are seeking a successful return-to-work. You will develop and deliver employment search skills lessons and work in partnership with an interdisciplinary team such as Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Kinesiologists, and Psychologists to create and implement return-to-work/return-to-function treatment plans.
This is a face-to-face role requiring interaction with employers and clients. We will provide you with the training and personal protective equipment to ensure your safety. Once our offices and clinics re-open fully, you will be working out of a designated base location while continuing to travel throughout your designated geographic region.
What's in it for you.
Exposure. We are the only company with a true national network from coast-to-coast that is successfully expanding a Vocational Rehabilitation program. You will have access to a network of leaders and peers to draw on for expertise and who, in turn, will give you the space to present your ideas and processes.
Impact. You will work in partnership with an interdisciplinary team to empower clients and achieve their employment outcomes. Your work will positively impact the client's life, the employer's productivity, and our success.
Career growth. We have laid a foundation for growth and success, and you will have access to mentorship and formal education. Vocational Rehabilitation and community services is a targeted focus of our national scope; as we continue to expand the program and clients we serve, you will be able to grow in your reach and responsibilities.
How you will make a difference as our new Job Search Facilitator:
- Assess and plan. You will manage and prioritize a caseload efficiently and effectively. You will:
- Create and implement a return-to-work plan in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, client, and employer.
- Utilize a client-centred approach to identify goals, setting individuals up on a path for success.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate programs. Drawing on existing programs and designing new ones as needed, you will work with clients, teaching them the skills required to research, interview for, and secure employment. You will focus on both practical and soft skills, including:
- Resume and cover letter development.
- Interview skills, including preparation and follow-up.
- Job search skills and creating an online presence.
- Workplace skills such as offer acceptance, conflict management, and clear communication.
- Build out employer contacts and create opportunities. Working in close partnership with employers in a range of sectors you have researched and connected with, you will:
- Understand workplace needs and job tasks and identify recruitment goals.
- Present the free training and support available through Ontario’s provincial workers’ insurance board.
- Identify, connect with, and nurture appropriate clients for potential employment and educate employers on limitations.
- Communicate. You will foster trusting and reliable relationships with both the team and clients, maintaining open and transparent lines of communication. You will participate in team meetings and case reviews. You will perform regular, timely submission of reporting to funders.
What you bring:
- The education. You have post-secondary education in Social Sciences or a related field, including Kinesiology, Community Rehabilitation, Vocational Rehabilitation, Psychology, Social Work, Education, or a related discipline. Having one of the following qualifications would be preferred but is considered an asset:
- Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) designation through the Canadian Association of Rehabilitation Professionals.
- Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC)
- Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP)
- Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP)
- Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP)
- Return to Work Disability Manager (RTWDM)
- The experience. You have a minimum three years in job development, sales and marketing, or recruitment. You have facilitated workshops, delivering training and mentoring clients in job development, job search, interview skills with a proven track record in securing employment for job seekers. You have demonstrable strengths in networking, researching, cold-calling, and requirements gathering.
- The knowledge. You are familiar with WSIB, workplace accommodations, and return-to-work programming. You have a strong understanding of the labour market, ideally with insights into the supply chain sector.
- The compassion. You exhibit a high level of emotional intelligence, cultural sensitivity, and an awareness of barriers to success, including learning limitations. You have experience working with clients with adult-onset disabilities and familiarity with the impact this has on clients searching for work.
- The technical skills. You are proficient with Google Suite or Microsoft Office. You are comfortable navigating and posting on social media platforms for business such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter as well as job search sites including Glassdoor, Indeed, and CareerBuilder.
- The communication and relationship building. You have outstanding written and verbal skills and can effectively work in a telehealth/virtual care delivery mode. You can make connections with peers, leaders, and stakeholders. You can facilitate decision-making, influence without authority, collaborate across teams, and achieve results through effective negotiation and problem-solving. You can work both autonomously as well as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- The administrative requirements. You have a satisfactory clearance under a standard security background check. You have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Why join us?
We are focused on a united purpose: to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians, starting with our people.
With the insight that better educated clients experience better outcomes, CBI Health began as a series of education seminars. Education is at the core of our DNA and is the key to great outcomes for both our clients and our team. Today, we equip our employees with the tools, resources, and support needed to achieve their career goals. Our talent development approach is about partnership: your passion to grow and learn, and our environment and tools that help you maximize your potential.
There are hundreds of thousands of meaningful moments where our team members actively improve and enrich the lives of Canadians. Everyone here goes above and beyond, sharing a deep understanding of how their roles and activities define and shape our culture, our future, and their own. We really care, we make it happen, we aim higher, and we do great work together.
If you want to find out how great you can be, come work with us.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our organization makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, explore [ Link Removed ]
The CBI Health team is excited to speak to you about this opportunity. If you are interested in joining our growing, interdisciplinary team of Rehab professionals, please apply here. Alternatively, you can email your interest and resume to [ Link Removed ] .
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.