Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Develop web applications and web services using Java, SOAP, REST, XML, HTTP, and other web technologies.
* Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
* Deliver high quality projects on time, through ability to design architecture, write high quality code, and execute effective unit tests
* Optimize performance tuning for high utilization 24x7 access
* Integrate third party products with existing infrastructure
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects.
* Work with internal customers to gather business processes and project requirements
* Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
* Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
* Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
* Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
* Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
* Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
* Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned.
* Updates technical skills as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
· Experience with Web Services development: REST/SOAP/SOA/XML/HTML
· Good understanding of issue troubleshooting and performance tuning
· Commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices to write high quality code
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects and the ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to other team members
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
· Minimum of 6 years' experience and a proven track record in developing web-based applications and web services using Java, REST, XML, and other web technologies, including experience interfacing with Oracle databases, and integrating third party products with existing infrastructure