The User Interface Designer is responsible for the look and feel of page visuals and layout of the CAVO web application. This role will be responsible for collaborating on UX/UI with the Product Manager and VP of Engineering and will ultimately be responsible for creating pixel-perfect interactive mockups for new and existing features, for example, where buttons should be placed, what colors are used, and what style the dropdown menus will display.
CAVO is a healthcare-related saas application both internal and externally facing, so security is a focus of the architecture. Development considerations include user experience, user interface, client requirements, and system performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a comprehensive design system with consistent components and color definitions
- Imagine elegant and thoughtful ways to present data
- Implement best practices for intuitive user interactions
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Senior Application Developer, Front End Developer, and VP Engineering to produce the best possible end product
- Sketch and present mock-ups of potential UI solutions
- Use Invision to display interactive mockups
- Craft narratives on GitHub to provide detailed specifications and interaction patterns
- Maintain discussions of proposed features as Github Issues
- Tweak and debug in collaboration with peers
- Maintain Slack conversations during working hours
- Provide work effort estimates to management to assist in setting priorities
- Deliver timely work in accordance with estimates
- Solve problems as they arise and communicate potential roadblocks to manage expectations
- Adhere strictly to all security policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in a professional application design role
- Proficient in CSS UX/UI Design Principles
- Understanding of HTML and CSS capabilities as it relates to design
- Expert skills using Sketch and exporting to Invision
- An appreciation for determining the right control for the right task. Proper use of modals, menus, forms, etc, to allow for intuitive user interactions.
- Ability to cooperatively arrive at a design solution taking into account a variety of opinions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills