MITRE’s Technical Analysis Department is looking for engineers, scientists and analysts with an interest in advancing and applying innovative science and engineering techniques to help solve some of our nation's most critical challenges in delivering services to citizens throughout defense and intelligence, homeland security and cybersecurity domains. We are looking for highly-motivated, adaptive, and self-directed candidates with a solid science and engineering foundation in or a motivation to build technical skills supporting the development and deployment of nationally important solutions.
As an engineer in Technical Analysis department, you will leverage and grow your scientific and analytic expertise to provide support across a variety of system engineering development lifecycles, through the design, implementation, and integration of enterprise systems and system-of-systems for MITRE’s sponsors.
- Advising the government and providing recommendations on space technologies and scientific development.
- Development of technical reports, presentations, modeling and simulation and demonstrations justifying recommendations.
- Applicants selected for this position must have a current government TS security clearance. They must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelors Degree in technical field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, Physics)
- 5 years experience in scientific analysis and experimentation in space fields
- Working knowledge and familiarity with current and planned space object analysis (natural, man made and debris)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience with space modeling tools like STK, Matlab/Simulink, and similar modeling tools.
- Knowledge of characterization of space and space activities in LEO, MEO, GEO and CIS-Lunar.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess and describe foreign capabilities and their impact of US and allied assets.
- Understanding of space defense Familiarity with space and counter space foreign threats and friendly operations.
- Masters degree in aligned fields (e.g. Engineering, Physics, Computer Science) and 10 years experience.
- Current government SCI security clearance with polygraph.