Percona takes pride in delivering stable and reliable software to our users. We are looking for a flexible and efficient QA engineer to join our QA and release team. In this role, you will support our distributed engineering team by maintaining and improving the quality of our open source software products as part of the release process and in an ongoing fashion. This includes tasks such as analyzing and reporting defects captured by our automated testing frameworks, as well as defining and implementing new test cases, automating, improving and scaling our testing capabilities and infrastructure.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the build, test and release management lifecycle which includes coordinating, testing, and the management of releases in collaboration with the Percona database engineering teams
- Evaluate and improve Percona products and new features based on QA plans, locating product issues & bugs
- Monitor, and analyze/log failures of automated regression, performance, packaging and/or other automated QA systems
- Perform monitoring and improving of Percona's automated QA systems & infrastructure
- Research and recommend tools, behaviors and strategies for making testing better
- Utilize scripting languages such as Shell or Python to enhance testing and improve automation
- Solid debugging skills and experience (e.g. analyzing log files, spotting patterns)
- Good knowledge of test methods in agile software development environments
- Familiar with established test tools as well as with methods for test automation
- Experience with tools for tracking and documenting development processes (JIRA, Confluence, git) is an advantage.
- Solid Linux sysadmin skills (e.g. adding/removing software, enabling/disabling services, general Unix/Linux CLI tools)
- Working with automation tools (CI/CD)
- Automating tasks using Shell or other scripting languages
- Experience with networking, hardware, file systems, server connectivity etc.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Hands-on DBA experience with any of the following databases: MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Previous exposure and experience in database-related technologies, for example, in a DBA, support or development role
- Experience in Linux systems administration
- Experience with compiling/building/packaging/release engineering/yum/apt
- Coding skills in any language (preferably C/C++)
- Previous experience with container or virtualization environments
- Tertiary studies degree or certifications related to core skills