Classification: Law Clerk
Robert Half Legal is seeking a law clerk, with extensive legal assisting skills. Candidate should be skilled at drafting court documents, and have extensive knowledge and experience in family law procedures. A successful candidate will be reliable, organized, and detail oriented, with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, and work independently. They will also possess strong communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment, with multiple lawyers and fellow clerks.
- Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with clients and other professionals;
- Assisting with client intakes, organizing calendar entries; arranging client meetings, and court dates;
- Corresponding with Clients;
- Manage calls and emails; route and/or respond to inquiries as appropriate;
- Liaise with lawyers and clerks to prepare and forward client accounts
- Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received;
- Coordinate and process accounts payable;
- Perform administrative duties, such as purchasing, communicating with various third-party service providers, updating firm requirements on a monthly and annual basis;
- Coordinating in person filings with process server;
- Scheduling court attendances, Conferences and Motions;
- Drafting of Court Documents;
- Prepare or arrange litigation material, assembling into pleadings and/ or briefs, edit and finalization;
- Filing court documents online through the appropriate portals;
- Reviewing work before passing it along to lawyers;
- Coordinating work-flow with clerks and lawyers;
- Assist other departments and/or team members as needed
- 5+ years of legal support experience;
- Advanced proficiency of PC Law, Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Outlook, Excel), as well as Divorcemate
- Extensive background in Family Law;
- Strong drafting skills;
- In depth knowledge of the Family Law Rules, and Family Law court processes;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills;
- Strong research abilities and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.