We are looking for communications/RF network engineers who are passionate about wireless communications in challenging operational environments that require sensor systems and cross-organizational network integration.
Specific areas of communications solutions we must support include a combination of SATCOM, Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Cellular, mesh and backhaul components. We are focused on growing support for law enforcement at the border using RF, electronic intelligence (ELINT) and data analytics techniques. Operational environments are diverse and include urban, rugged, foliated, and mountainous regions. We are excited to be working to deploy domestic networks that directly support the nation’s first responders and law enforcement community in a mission focused environment.
- Provide analyses of current and future communications and networking capabilities, derive results from modeling and simulation tools, help develop data-driven actionable recommendations, and present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with stakeholders to analyze operational requirements, address networking challenges, apply sound technology solutions, and advance the state of communications and networking to benefit the sponsor mission
- Help identify additional project opportunities to expand the technical work portfolio
- Perform wireless engineering, analysis, modeling & simulation, prototyping and experimentation.
- Contribute to the implementation and application of the Land Border Sensor Lab capability (e.g., define scenarios, perform data captures, interface with AI/ML test and development activities)
- Contribute to red-team efforts to uncover the root cause of performance issues in complex operational environments.
- Support rapid lab prototyping, field testing, technical benchmarking, and modeling and simulation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 5 + years of experience in applicable field
- Must be a US citizen with a Top Secret Clearance
- Documented success in RF communications, wireless networks, electrical engineering, radar/sensor analysis.
- Hands on proficiency with wireless engineering, analysis, modeling & simulation, prototyping and experimentation.
- Able to lead/contribute to engineering trade studies, performance analyses, architecture design and evaluation activities and similar efforts
- Customer engagement skills, excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about staying up-to-date with emerging technologies through continued learning, active engagement with academia and industry, and a desire to remain hands-on.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must possess a Top Secret Clearance
- Advanced degree in RF communications, wireless networks, electrical engineering, radar/sensor analysis or related field
- Preference given to qualified candidates with active clearance.