If you have rock solid SQL development and operational skills coupled with a desire to augment your skills with NoSQL, purpose-built cloud databases then The Rockport Group is the place for you.
We are seeking an experienced data platform architect to join our team to help us modernize and enhance our industry-leading financial analytics and data management Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. You will join a New York City-based team of passionate, end user-focused technologists to practice your craft and develop new skills as we evolve our platform, which was shifted from a legacy data center to the AWS cloud, into a platform that fully leverages all that the Amazon cloud has to offer.
At The Rockport Group, our team is family. We enjoy collaborating to solve challenging data management needs using the latest cloud computing technologies. We give each other the autonomy to make decisions and the space to learn from both our mistakes and our successes. We hire highly skilled professionals, then cultivate their passion for learning and drive to improve. At The Rockport Group, we believe your potential is one of your strongest assets.
What you will do
- Spend your time thinking about and evolving the Rockport SaaS data platform. This will be a combination of evolving / refactoring the current relational database design, evolving the performance monitoring and data integrity processes, and identifying opportunities and strategies for incorporating non-relational data stores into our architecture.
- Actively participate in cross-functional (DevOps) meetings and bring new ideas for continuous improvement to the team
- Work closely with our Cloud Operations team to communicate cloud infrastructure needs and to support the code that you write once it is in production
- Assist with improvements to our continuous integration / continuous delivery capabilities as related to the data platform
- Participate in the agile ceremonies that are at the core of our SDLC (standups, grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives)
- Develop and support ongoing ETL processes for both internal operations and client integrations.
- Experiment with (spike) new data technologies and help determine how best to apply them to solve the business problems we face
- Consult with the broader technology team on data-specific challenges and establishing best practices relative to the data platform.
- Operate with limited direction while effectively communicating progress or roadblocks and seeking clarification and assistance when needed
- Subscribe to our standards and values
About the Job
- A “can-do” attitude, comfortable rolling-up sleeves to get the work done, and meeting deadlines
- An appreciation of amazing co-workers. Rockport feels more like a family than an employer
- Apply prior professional experience to new contexts to deliver solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills - the ability to understand and express concepts, directions, and ideas effectively through writing, speaking, presenting, and over video conference
- A deep intellectual curiosity with the ability to fill knowledge gaps
- SQL Server (7+ years)
- Query writing
- Performance tuning
- Data Modeling
- NoSQL (1+ years)
- Working knowledge of the major non-SQL data engines
- Non-Relational Data Modeling
- ETL / Systems Integration (5+ years)
- REST / APIs (2+ years)
- BI / Reporting / Data Warehousing experience (3+ years)
- Database CI / CD (2+ years)
- Experience writing code in at least one structured programming / scripting language
- Experience working with event-based platform architectures
- Experience writing database unit test and data integrity tests
- Experience working on a team practicing continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Applied knowledge of distributed application architecture principles
About the Perks
We offer a competitive salary and benefits suite including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) matching, flexible work options, a generous time-off policy, career development, peer recognition and other fun perks. For a full list please refer to the Benefits @ The Rockport Group section of our careers page.
Interested in the position and think you are a good fit? Please apply. We look forward to talking with you.
The Rockport Group a Commercial Real Estate lending management Software as a Service (SaaS) system that allows for complete organization and analysis of clients' internal information related to CRE lending: analytic tools, a centralized information repository for deal documents, ad hoc reporting, excel integrations, asset-specific chart of accounts, full disaster recovery/security protocols, user-defined fields for custom integrations into a client's workflow and a full audit trail for every field in the system for compliance concerns. https://www.therockportgroup.com
The Rockport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refer to our careers page for more details. This Job posting is intended for individual applicants only. Search firms and agencies should reach out to us separately.