HeidelbergCement one of the largest construction materials companies worldwide is looking for a SAP Integration Engineer (NetWeaver Gateway / ABAP) (f/m/d) to build a world class Digital Platform in Heidelberg, Germany. You will be involved in bringing our ERP data into the digital layers and in delivering it to our global products, to contribute to our digital transformation of our company. You will be working hand-in-hand with the other engineers in the cross-functional product teams in order to build software for our end customers or for our cement plant operators. You have an opportunity to provide valuable input as we shape and improve our core digital customer offerings over the coming years. Everything you will be doing is tightly linked to one of our core strategic digital projects: HConnect or HProduce.
Additional training and coaching are part of the package. So, if you are passionate about doing your part to make a DAX company become the “first industrial tech company in the building materials sector”, the job is right for you. Of course, we offer possibilities to work remotely and our newly built headquarter offers a very modern and inspirational workplace as well.
Your next challenge
- Work within our agile cross-functional product teams as the SAP Netweaver Gateway Integration expert.
- Co-create with your agile teams features that are both delighting our users and as well implementable with our complex system landscape.
- Define and implement the SAP connectors for our suite of digital products (web and mobile)
- Foster great collaboration and communication with our agile release management and our SAP release cycles.
- Live & breath ownership of the code that you want to move to production and handle the coordination with our release management thoroughly
- Get an expert in our highly custom R/3 SAP stack in order to enable your team to quickly deliver features for our digital products
- Build very robust and scalable functionalities for eCommerce use cases on-top of our R/3 ERP’s.
- Regularly optimize the integration of our Data Platform (Azure Cloud) and our four global SAP systems
- Become an expert in the SAP plugin “Glue” which makes data synchronization between the system of record and our Data Platform fast and fun
- Ideally a background in computer science
- We are searching more than one candidate. So you can be rather junior and as well very senior.
- Some experience as an ABAP OO Developer, preferably more than two years.
- Some experience with the SAP tables for either SD, MM, FI or PM.
- Preferably some experience with SAP Netweaver Gateway and API/OData development
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile & web applications and release management
- Mutual interest in technologies beyond the normal SAP universe (C#, Python, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Cloud, REST API’s, Kafka/Rabbit MQ/NATS etc.)