The Developer Union is partnering with Instacart. We're looking for seasoned Backend Engineers with experience in building backends for web and mobile applications at scale. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to building tools for ad campaigns and sign-ups.
The pandemic has accelerated Instacart's growth exponentially. Instacart is now second highest valued technology startup, valued at $34 billion (just behind SpaceX) and is anticipated to IPO in the near future. Read More
This is 3 - 4 month contract opportunity that could extend much longer. You will be building a brand new product with a React front-end and Ruby on Rails backend.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be part of a distributed team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly. 100% Remote forever
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with relational databases [Postgres / MySQL]
- Experience creating systems at large scale
- 7+ years relevant web development experience
- Excited by constantly learning new technologies & skillsets - thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Ownership over systems and team that you work on