Classification: Director of Accounting
Compensation: $130000.00 to $140000.00 yearly
Our Vancouver manufacturing client is a well established business who is looking to hire a Director of Finance. The company is a diverse and complex organization with operations both in Canada (British Columbia) and the United States (Washington State and Alaska) and employs over 2,000+ employees .
Reporting to CFO, the Director of Finance will be part of the long term strategic plan.
To allow for effective collaboration with our accounting team and IT teams and to experience a full business cycle and to learn the nuances of our business, systems, processes, and people, the first 12 months of employment will be project focused.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS CRITICAL FOR SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- Team Orientated – ability to earn the respect of the team and build strong relationships.
- Integrity – operates with integrity; focuses on what’s right for the business and team.
- Patient – takes the time to learn the business; builds on what works and learns from what does not.
- Leads by Example – respectful, humble, and low ego.
- Agent of Change – leads change with buy-in from the team.
- Resilient – unfazed by change; always graceful under pressure.
- Emotional Intelligence – authentic, with a high degree of self-awareness.
- Support the SVP of Finance and Administration with confidential forecasting, analysis projects, including the preparation of financial reports, risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Update, develop, manage, and implement internal controls and systems for all financial transactions.
- Support operations and sales teams with budgeting, forecasting, and reporting revenue with data-driven decision making and timely, accurate financial information.
- Coordinate year-end procedures and work with external auditors.
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize statistics for special projects and accounts.
PROJECT LIST includes but not limited to:
- Integration of new acquisitions into existing financial reporting.
- Oversee subsidiaries and financial reporting.
- Rewrite budget model and sub models.
- Part of the working team for our digital transformation strategy to move data off premise and consolidate legacy applications.
- Review and manage cross border transfer pricing policy.
- Foreign currency risk assessment and policy.
- Profitability analysis by product.
- Acquisition models.
- Quarterly report preparation and financial analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS):
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- CPA designation or equivalent.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including budgeting, reporting, analysis, and full cycle accounting and financial operations, at an intermediate or managerial level.
- Manufacturing industry experience (ideally food manufacturing) will be given priority.
- Ability to collaborate strategically with cross-functional teams.
- Team-focused approach.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; experience supervising and managing a team.
- Previous experience with Dynamics 365 and Great Plains is an asset.
- Primarily working from the office – essential service industry.
- Good work life balance – some longer hours may be needed to meet necessary deadlines.
- Work Environment - a dynamic, collaborative, and inclusive work environment, where no two days are ever the same!
- Diverse Team – a multi-ethnic and multi-generational team at all levels of the organization.
- Learning and Development – an organization that values, encourages, and supports learning.
- Mentorship - the opportunity to be mentored by leaders in the food manufacturing industry.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply online or reach out to Dushyanthi Krishna directly.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [Phone number shown when applying]. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.