What Your Job Will Be Like
Do you have a passion for Model Based Systems Engineering and speak SysML? Do you have experience and desire to work on bleeding edge programs and associated pathfinder technologies? Do you want to be part of the digital engineering transformation?
If this motivates you, this position may be your answer. We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with significant MBSE experience to join our family of engineers with both a leadership and technical aspect.
On any given day, you will:
- Implement approaches for MBSE and Digital Engineering to incrementally advance standard methodologies in Systems Engineering on active developmental programs: Concept of Operations Development, Requirements Analysis and Definition, Functional and Physical Architecture development, System Design Descriptions, Creation of Digital Views and Viewpoints, Trade Studies, Design Analysis, Interface Design & Assessment, Coordinated System Test Planning, System Verification & Validation, and Configuration Management.
- Be a part of the systems engineering team that develops and executes the project plan for product development efforts.
- Work daily on programs for missile, air and space defense and associated pathfinder technologies as part of a dynamic team that develops and modernizes our Nation’s most critical weapon systems to ensure strategic deterrence for America.
Qualifications We Require
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant STEM discipline plus 6 years of relevant experience performing systems engineering work such as: requirements development, functional architecture development, physical architecture development, and performance verification; or Master's degree in relevant STEM plus 3 years of relevant experience as stated above.
- You have at least 2 years’ experience with models-based systems engineering tools using the SysML language (such as Magic Draw, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect).
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance.
Qualifications We Desire
Ideally, your background will also include:
- Experience with engineering design (taking an idea from concept through demonstration).
- Experience with requirements development, capture, and tracking.
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools.
- Experience with integrating tools in a digital engineering ecosystem
- Experience with DoDAF, UAF, or other architecture framework
- Domain experience in one or more areas of aerospace systems design (missiles, flight vehicles, missile defense systems).
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.