Addison Group is looking for a Software Engineer to join our client in the Des Plaines area.
- Understands the structure, functionality, and customer use of proprietary applications.
- Designs and develops features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- Designs and develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development life cycle.
- Determines operational feasibility of potential solutions by evaluating analysis, problem definitions, requirements, and solution developments.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Investigates, analyzes, and makes recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades, and modifications.
- Collaborates with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling, and enhancing our products.
- Provides engineering support when building, deploying, and configuring systems for customers.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes development and service issues.
- Supports and mentors software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science degree. Master of Science degree preferred.
- Seven plus years of exposure to a computer science industry.
- User Interface specialization for web and mobile applications.
- Experience with AWS/Azure experience and Xamarin Mobile development.
- Software design skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to build good rapport with users.