Is getting your hands dirty, in a real-world application that touches the lives of millions, your thing? Then yeah, Gorgias is for you. Is working with a real-world application that touches the lives of millions, your thing? Then yeah, Gorgias is for you.
?? What are some of the things we work on?
The backend code is mostly written in Python3 and runs using Flask (REST API) and Celery for all background work. The state is stored in PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ for async tasks with Redis for ephemeral storage, and finally, everything runs on top of Kubernetes. Given the above, we usually work on one of these levels by improving the existing API, improve performance, or we create a new feature which more often than not has a component on both backend, and maybe a migration in the database or a maintenance command.
? Who are we at work?
We have a strong preference for people who worked with high-traffic web applications for the past 3+ years. We're essentially running a distributed system that has lots of moving parts and having a decent amount of experience with this type of system helps a lot! Additionally, our apps have over 10k daily active users with sessions longer than 6h+/day and serve tens of millions end consumers per year, so we put great importance on quality, testing, and code-review of all our code. If this is the type of environment you're looking for, then you should consider applying.
?? About the Core Team The team is responsible for maintaining the core features of the product, the web browser application, mobile application and the APIs used by the the two and our customers. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers, empowering them to to deliver a better support experience to their own clients. Be that through the optimisations we do on the app by making things smoother and faster or through the constant flow of new functionalities to meet our customer needs.
What you'll do
- Work on quarterly development goals
- Review PRs
- Proactively communicate with team status/progress/issues
- Provide support during support shift 24/7 for 1 week each month
Who you are
- +4 years of experience with Python
- +4 years of experience building and scaling large web APIs (at least 2 years on a REST API) handling more than 100 requests per second
- +3 years of experience working and scaling Postgres or similar database(s) handling more than 1000 transactions per second
- +3 years of experience working with RabbitMQ and Celery or any other message queues system(s) and worker(s)
- +2 years of experience building apps with Cloud computing platform(s) (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Worked in a small/medium-sized team
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Equity package
- Health coverage
- Retirement benefits
- 4-week vacation
- Parental leave
- Included the latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Catered lunch 5x per week
More about Gorgias
- Raised our Series A in November 2019
- Raised our Series B in December 2020
- What our customers are saying about us
- Check-out our software stack
- We're hiring for other positions!
Why You Should Join Us
- ? Join a high growth tech startup at a crucial time, and with an unusually technical growth team
- ?? Work at the core of our most valuable tool: our growth "machine" (that is discussed at Growth conferences all over the world!)
- ? Apply your engineering skills to concrete business problems, and have an impact on all stages of our business model (from Marketing to Success)
- ? Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
Engineering Team Culture Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility. You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without scarifying quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, treating errors first, and features later. We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.