Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the District Manager, the Wellness Case Manager for the Program is responsible for providing medical support when patient or payer requests require medical background. The individual will work directly with the Personal Care Specialist, the Field Case Manager and patients providing proactive and seamless services with respect to the program by assessing the needs of each patient. The WCM is responsible for guidance at the initial point of entry, maintenance calls & adherence support. The WCM utilizes several interactive tools/algorithms that case managers can use to assess and improve the patient's knowledge; identify patient motivation; techniques to minimize or remove assessed barriers and established concepts on motivational interviewing.
This service levels provide a clear differentiating factor between the program and other patient support programs resulting in increased patient program enrolment and improved patient outcomes.
- Responsible for guidance at initial point of entry, maintenance calls and adherence support
- Provide support in on-boarding patients to the Program through phone
- Ensure appropriate medical documentation in the de case file, track and obtain information
- Provide medical support when patient or payer requests require medical background
- Provide support with calls confirming patients have started on treatment
- Provide assessments and reassessments when required and requested
- Identify areas for risk and foster proactive, continued quality of life improvement, including but not limited to psychological, life wellness type queries
- Support Personal Care Specialist with medically related patient issues/questions
- Adverse Event reporting
- Adhoc duties as assigned
- Registered nurse (RN) or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in sales (not required, but an asset), managed care, or clinical support, or related experience
- Patient program experience or previous case management experience an asset
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Call Centre experience an asset
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong phone etiquette
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical skills including ability to comprehend and communicate medical information.
- Proven teamwork abilities
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Ensure consistent patient services resulting in continued access to therapy
- Ability to proficiently use computer and good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability in dealing with ambiguity
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and in both French and English (oral and written) for the bilingual provinces
- Must be available to work flexible schedules to cover for Western provinces
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound and outbound calls
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.