Paperless Parts is a Boston-based SaaS startup that is leading the digital transformation for custom part manufacturers with a software platform that helps manufacturers increase revenue and win more business. With the pandemic accelerating digital transformation and our customers performing truly essential services, our company has grown faster than ever in the last six months.
Our engineers combine exceptional technical skills with a drive to collaborate, communicate, and make our customers successful. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 50 employees at a rapidly growing startup that is revolutionizing American, and global, manufacturing.
Your mission as a Full Stack Engineer at Paperless Parts is to have a huge impact on our team, customers, and the global manufacturing industry. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with awesome teammates to deliver valuable features to our users with high quality and on a predictable schedule. Our organization will enable you, as a gritty self-starter, to work across teams in order to identify solutions for business problems and make them a reality. You will work with product managers and designers to develop an elite user experience and implement tight UI components while considering latency, security, and usability. You are passionate about software design and architecture and love learning and using modern tools like React with Redux. You may not be an expert with this stack yet, but you ARE an expert at learning new things and getting up to speed quickly. You’re also not shy implementing or modifying APIs and database schema — whatever it takes to bring new features to life. As a natural leader, you guide the team on web development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build. As we grow, you will contribute to recruiting, leading, and mentoring our technical team.
If you and Paperless Parts are a great fit, you’ll achieve these outcomes soon after starting:
- Prove you are gritty – Commit code on your first day
- Show your curiosity – Begin learning about this industry by talking with our experts and (when safe) visiting local manufacturing shops
- Be intentional – Fully scope a feature with the product team and break down and estimate the development effort
- Have a bias towards action – Lead implementation of a complex user story
- Deliver a simple solution – ship a feature that positively impacts our customers
- Have coffee (virtually) with every person on the team
(We don’t expect you to have it all, but it would certainly help!)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
- Proficiency in React
- Proficiency in Python and Django REST Framework
- Experience working with 3D graphics or data
- Familiarity with manufacturing, prototyping, machining, and/or 3D printing
- Passion for changing an old-school industry by inventing the tools and systems of the future
This position requires activities that are subject to US Export Control Laws.