Carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) is critical to meeting the climate goals of companies and countries alike yet, today only one percent of CO2 emissions are captured by CCS. That being said, Would you like to be part of a growing team of experts helping companies and governments in accelerating the development and implementation of CCUS projects globally? If so, this may be the right position for you!!!DNV- Energy Systems is looking for a Senior consultant, carbon storage to join the team. The Senior consultant, CO2 storage will be assisting our customers with Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage/Sequestration (CCUS) which is a core element of the DNV vision to accelerate action on climate change. To focus our efforts on solutions that maximize value to our customers, Energy Systems is launching a CCUS Market Venture and is now looking to recruit 1-2 consultants to support our CO2 storage advisory and verification services. Our services within this domain include:
- Risk management advisory
- Verification, certification, and independent audits of CO2 storage projects
- Evaluation of monitoring and verification programs
- Evaluation of well integrity
- Assessment of re-use of well infrastructure for CO2 service
This position may be remote or located in any of our Canadian offices (Calgary, Montreal, or Toronto) or European offices, e.g., Arnhem, Netherlands, Hovik, Norway, Bristol, UK, Hamburg, Germany.
Task May Include
- Proactively contribute to developing and delivering a strong portfolio of services related to projects for CO2 storage. This may include consulting and subscription-based services.
- Support sales and business development.
- Execute projects together with regional resources and CCS venture members.
- Build customer relationships and monitor customer satisfaction.Continuously strive for new opportunities for improvement or expansion of added value
- Masters or PhD in geology, geochemistry, geomechanics or geophysics or equivalent job experience
- Significant professional experience in the carbon storage industry
- Knowledge and experience from CO2 storage projects
- Significant experience as a Senior consultant
- Experience as a principal consultant and good network within CCS industry
- Deep market knowledge and insights and ability to clearly define opportunities for growth
- Strong customer focus
- Persuasive and persistent
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV provides assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!Job Requirements