Classification: Legal Assistant
Compensation: $55000.00 to $60000.00 yearly
Are you aiming to develop your legal career as a Legal Assistant? Consider this opportunity with a successful legal organization. You will succeed in this position if you have competency with computers, along with ambition, organization skills, passion for the field, and the ability to take on multiple tasks at once. This full-time Legal Assistant employment is based in the Downtown Toronto core. Don't hesitate to take advantage of this opportunity with Robert Half Legal!
The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise, judgment and independence to provide advanced-level administrative support across the firm with a professional and service-focused approach. With a high attention to detail and a motivation to take initiative, the successful candidate will be accountable for providing support to the firm’s lawyers.
This is what else you can expect from this dynamic role:
- Assisting counsel by organizing and supporting their practice involving corporate law, commercial litigation, and/or other types of areas of law.
- Responsible for file management including organizing documents, record management (electronic and hard copy), and document database management.
- Opening new files as required and closing same when no longer needed in consultation with the firm’s lawyers, and in accordance with organizational procedure.
- Scanning and filing of incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Records management both electronically and hard copy files.
- Processing internal and external accounts.
- Actively participating as a team member to ensure that organizational accountabilities are met.
- Arranging transportation, accommodation and meeting rooms for lawyers, when required.
- Producing and proofreading materials/documents for lawyers as required.
- Timely distribution of incoming information (mail, faxes, voicemail and email).
- Responsible for performing administrative tasks, implementing applicable work processes, tracking deadlines, and supporting ongoing litigation.
- Developing a file tracking system in coordination with the lawyers to monitor the progress of files and/or cases.
- Calendar management for the lawyers including booking prep meetings and hearing dates.
- Developing relationships and dealing regularly with internal and external stakeholders including other firm’s legal assistants, court clerks, and other affiliates of the firm.
- Receiving inquiries by telephone and in-person and directing callers to the appropriate team member.
- Welcoming clients and guests at reception.
- Preparing correspondence, books of documents, books of authorities or other legal documents for hearings.
- Helping prepare, compile, serve and file various applications and responses for proceedings.
- Transcribing documents including letters, memos, and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Converting documents from various versions to Word and/or onto templates provided.
- Processing outgoing mail, courier, and service, ensuring the appropriate and most efficient method is used for distribution.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess –
- Previous legal assistant, law clerk, or related administrative assistant/clerk experience is required.
- File and records management experience is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and database management.
- Knowledge of basic corporate law and business legal terminology is a must.
- Be able to work well with others, particularly under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented and organized with a high level of accuracy.
- Dedicated work ethic and demonstrated team player who can work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work professionally with people both outside the organization and within various levels of the organization.
- Certificate, course and/or experience in Project Management is an asset.
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.