The Principal Digital Aetna Health Architect will support CVS Health Digital Aetna Health organization’s vision to deliver transformative applications and technology platform services for the Enterprise by enabling software developers to deliver applications, systems, and platforms by providing expertise on technology, architecture and design.
• Lead technical architecture initiatives that span many value streams (e.g., Agile/SAFe Release Train), helping to ensure successful product deliveries. You will influence and lead teams across the business units.
• Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for key capabilities of the Aetna Health portfolio, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption. Identifies opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns.
• Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders on architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same
• Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide “Reference Architectures” and “Baseline Implementations” when appropriate
• Provide guidance, direction, and mentorship to Lead Architects
• Provide architectural leadership in identification of technology partnerships
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the design of server applications and UI clients, encompassing APIs and frameworks, micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services, etc.
• Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
• Participates in high-level estimation
• 15-20+ years as a software/platform architect. Lead technical architecture initiatives for many value streams (e.g. Agile/SAFe Release Train).
• Demonstrated technical team leadership
• Experience with architecting platform services surrounding omni-channel communications, content management, IoT integrations, data services, preferences/consent management.
• Significant experience with the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
• Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as Java, Python, Node.js, messaging queuing infrastructures, as well as AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
• Experience with the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
• Adept at requirements analysis, estimation, systems and application design, and testing
• Experience designing RESTful APIs that facilitate a superior UX or simplify systems integration.
• Expert with popular Design Patterns catalogues
• Expert with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases. Understands the benefits and trade-offs of both. Familiar with normalization and denormalization, sharding, and other data-centric patterns
• Expert with distributed computing architectures, including race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons at all levels, from the most junior person to VP levels, in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps).
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
• A great team player, with demonstrable experience delivering superior software products via agile methodologies
• Experience on an Agile team
• Recognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, and considered an expert in multiple technical subjects
• Experience architecting solutions for AWS, Azure or Google clouds.
• Exposure to Big-Data and/or Machine Learning.
• A proven track record working as part of a team on large architectural projects
• Experience with micro-services and Domain Driven Design (DDD)
• Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
• Exposure to CI/CD and DevOps
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
• Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or similar